• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

TONMOcon Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
You must check out the attached image, outstanding work by Chris Barela.

Then click here to see the inspiration...

Thanks Chris! Outstanding! 8-)

Attachments

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Bravo to Chris! That's just brilliant. I love "It Came From Beneath the Sea" enough to have original art inspired by it on my bedroom wall - this is perfect.

Rona

O. bimaculoides
Registered
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! I will put it on the wall behind my small Harryhausen sculpture... Cheers! :vampyro:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Chris is sending me a very high-rez version of this image which I plan to print and frame; I can share this when provided, just PM me (or Chris, who is cbarela).

cbarela

Blue Ring
Registered
The Master Harryhausen

Hey All-
Glad you like the poster. It was fun to work on. Here is pic of Mr. Harryhausen, my son Max and myself. Ray was at a screening of "Jason and the Argonauts" (my 4 year olds personal favorite) and of course he took time to speak with everyone.
He even brought one of the little skeletons used in the movie.

(Side note: Ray is signing my "Valley of the Gwangi" and my "One Million Years BC" posters...yes....yes....I feel your jealousy flowing through the computer....) :mad:

-Chris

Attachments

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Chris,

Man, THAT IS BRILLIANT!!!

Steve looks like a character from "King of the Hill"! :lol:

John

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
cbarela said:
Hey All-
Glad you like the poster. It was fun to work on. Here is pic of Mr. Harryhausen, my son Max and myself. Ray was at a screening of "Jason and the Argonauts" (my 4 year olds personal favorite) and of course he took time to speak with everyone.
He even brought one of the little skeletons used in the movie.

-Chris

Okay, I'm jealous.. I LOVE animation, and Harryhausen is an idol of mine. Did you ever see "Monster's Inc."? They did a nice little nod to him.

John

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Bumping a 2-year-old thread... Now that Dr. O'Shea is coming to TONMOCON II, how I would love to have that poster updated and used for this event! I wonder if Chris is still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.