TONMOCON IV

I have an image for you guys. I am falconer and when you go to falconry meets(same as tonomcon) you put you bird out on a perch in area with all the other falconers birds. Its called a weather yard, its for the birds to get some sun. Now what if at the next tonmocon we get a giant aquarium and put all of our octos in there to show off. That would be cool.

My vote just pulled New England into a tie with Maryland... c'mon other North Easterners Vote for N.E.!!! They do have Sepia Officinalis as well as a beautiful GPO if I recall... on a somewhat unrelated topic I can't wait to take a trip to Woods Hole Mass to try and find some Loligo Pealei (Long Fin Squid)... has anyone been lately as migration should be in full swing right around this time of year

Surprised at how close it all is... interesting...

Of course, the location will be based on a number of factors (as is the case for every event); most notably affordability for all involved. For the 2009 event I had looked into Baltimore, but the cost of convention space was totally out of whack with what we got in Monterey Bay (i.e., couple thousand $'s vs. 0). I may not have gone about it the right way though, so I'll have a thorough look this year and we'll see where we land. I plan to research this at some point over this summer.

ob;154200 said:
I am making Maryland Crab Cakes this weekend and shall think about it also :wink:

Can you get the proper crab over there?

I have to admit, I didn't read and didn't realize it accepted multiple options, but they're in my 1st post.

If my "uncle" Jack's comments (father's Navy buddy, born and raised in Balt'more) are still correct, you can get good Maryland crab anywhere EXCEPT Maryland.

"Maryland" crabs are really a myth these days. They get the bulk of their crab from the Carolinas with Louisiana picking up the slack. The species is key (C. sapidus). Pacific crabs, like pacific oysters are clearly inferior. Yet another reason for TCIV to be in Baltimore or Boston.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back