• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

TONMOCON IV

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Hi everyone - in 2011 we will hold our next TONMOCON (our fourth!) -- and it's time for me to start thinking about when and where.

View these links to learn about past TONMOCONs.

I've added a poll which is multiple choice. Please select all places where you think you'd be able to attend.

This is a PUBLIC POLL, meaning your username will display next to your choice(s).

Thoughts, ideas, dreams about TONMOCON IV? Post them here!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
I'll go wherever it is held! :smile:

Ryan Smith

Wonderpus
Registered
PICK MARYLAND!!! Id go 100% in Maryland. Possibley in New England. Is any date set for tonmocon?

edit* If you do pick Maryland, you could always have tonmocon at the national aquarium (Washington DC or Baltimore) Tickets are $8 at DC and like $24 At Baltimore.

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Vlaardingen, Ancient Herring Capitol of the World? I mean, we have a Fishery Museum that has a 100 gallon tank with dogfish, skate, seabass and turbot?

*le sigh*

Oh well, I guess it'll be the States, then :wink:

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Somewhere with a real airport, aka direct flights. My preferences go Baltimore, Boston, Seattle.

esquid

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
ob;153709 said:
we have a Fishery Museum that has a 100 gallon tank with dogfish, skate, seabass and turbot?
getting to see live turbot? cool, but still not worth the plane ticket

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Twas a joke, indeed...

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
... preserved colossal squid ...
Jean has a point unfortuantely, I have not won the lottery to charter a plane or 10 for all the rest of us (I will continue to try though)

bluespotocto

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
I have an image for you guys. I am falconer and when you go to falconry meets(same as tonomcon) you put you bird out on a perch in area with all the other falconers birds. Its called a weather yard, its for the birds to get some sun. Now what if at the next tonmocon we get a giant aquarium and put all of our octos in there to show off. That would be cool.

Members online

No members online now.