TONMOCON IV Date Set - Oct 7-9, 2011

Church Brew Works is a heavenly place! I love it. Post AMS drinks at the Brew Works would be a fantastic idea...

skywindsurfer;167322 said:
Anyone up for a group :octorun: search at a local pier?:snorkel:

First one back to shore with a live :octorun: wins!
:party:

Ain't happenin'. The Potomac is filthy and fresh water.

Now if a bunch of people wanted to make a side trip to an oceanfront, of which there are several a few hours from DC...

If anyone by any chance also wants a dissected Humboldt squid to display for everybody, I can talk to Dr. William Gilly at Stanford. He ships frozen Humboldts around the country for educational purposes. We get so much octopus and cuttlefish goin' on and very little squid.

That would be great. Dr. Gilly joined TONMOCON I in Monterrey Bay) and gave a talk on his research, and at TONMOCON III (also in Monterrey Bay) Dr. Lou Zeidberg actually did dissect a humbolt for us. Would be great to do that again. Let's coordinate offline if we could - PM me, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

I'm so excited! Can't wait to meet everyone I haven't before!!! Definitely will be there with Jess, maybe son and girlfriend and my Costa Rica companion!! :smile:

I'm so glad it's closer to MI this time! I want to go no matter what- but this is the goal I set for my dad last month- to live long enough to take my girls to D.C., then we all go to TonmoCon! If he doesn't make it, we'll all drink a toast to him instead, but he'll be mad if I don't go. So now, no matter what, I HAVE to go! See you all there!!

I'm gonna suggest kind of informally here that your best bet is staying in a 'burb hotel then driving to the Metro (the parking garages are mostly deserted from Friday to Sunday) or, if you don't have a car, staying in any hotel near a Metro stop. Traffic is horrible and parking is expensive.

Great to hear that we've officially scheduled TONMOcon IV: A New Hope! (Yes, I think we should keep that as the official title :biggrin2:) I'm putting it on my calendar too.

Next step -- where to stay? I'm curious as to whether TONMO will be reserving a block of rooms at a specific hotel, because I think that might be a good idea, especially for those of us who might be going there on our own. I don't yet know if my husband will be joining me, and if he doesn't then I'd much rather stay someplace where there are other TONMOers around.

Anyway, I guess there's plenty of time to make specific plans. The important thing is.... I'm finally gonna get to meet everyone! WOOHOO!!!

~ Happy Tani ~

Wrong dates listed?

Hold the presses, everyone -- I just checked this year's calendar, and I have a feeling the dates originally listed were wrong.

If TONMOcon is scheduled for October 9 to 11, that would be Sunday to Tuesday. I realize that Monday is Columbus Day, but Tuesday is a regular weekday so that doesn't make sense. Wouldn't October 7 to 9 (Friday to Sunday) or 8 to 10 (Saturday to Monday) be a lot better?

Please check this out, as I think it's an error.

~ Tani ~

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back