TONMOCON IV Date Set - Oct 7-9, 2011

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
TONMOCON IV date set

TONMOCON IV: A New Hope
Not really but I just wanted to say that.

What is TONMOCON?
Articles here, discussion forum here.

Washington, D.C. -- in coordination with the National Zoo and WAMAS -- specific venues and hotels TBD

Date
October 9-11, 2011

Admission
TBD - likely $15 per person, pre-paid only

Presentations
:soapbox:

Meet & Greet
:cheers:

Study
:squidaut: :grad: :snorkel:

Ceph Care
:cuttlehi:

Fossils
:ammonite:

Fun
:jester:

Dr. Steve O'Shea?
:oshea:

...and the introduction of the Mark Montague Awards (the Montys)
:monty:

...more details to follow!

nanoteuthis

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
OMG, this one might even be doable for me! Train trip from NYC, no problem.... or maybe carpool? (I don't drive, but would definitely chip in for gas, tolls, etc.)

(Melissa? Greg? You in on this one?)

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
I am glad there is a date to look forward too. Should be a great time of year for sightseeing as well. I think the train is only 3 hours from Penn Station NYC so I am definitely coming!!!

11 months to go...

Greg

ckeiser

GPO
Supporter
I am officially writing this on my calendar as my third and final conference of 2011! Georgia Entomological Society in March, American Malacological Society in July, and TONMOCON IV in October!!!

^Easy guess on which will be the most fun ;)

Cheers!

ckeiser

GPO
Supporter
Greg,

AMS meeting is in Pittsburgh next year, and Philadelphia the following year. This will be my first. I am double excited because I grew up about an hour from Pittsburgh and I've worked a bit with Tim Pearce (Asst. Curator, Carnegie Museum Natural History, Malacology dept.), who is hosting the conference. Also, I hear there is to be a cephalopod seminar this year. Hope to see you there!

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
That is awesome! I love Pittsburgh. It has a great little brewery there that I always go to and I have some family that live in Beaver Falls. Going to be a fun 2011 for conferences!

Greg

ckeiser

GPO
Supporter
Church Brew Works is a heavenly place! I love it. Post AMS drinks at the Brew Works would be a fantastic idea...

neurobadger

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
skywindsurfer;167322 said:
Anyone up for a group :octorun: search at a local pier?:snorkel:

First one back to shore with a live :octorun: wins!
:party:
Ain't happenin'. The Potomac is filthy and fresh water.

Now if a bunch of people wanted to make a side trip to an oceanfront, of which there are several a few hours from DC...

Members online

No members online now.