TONMOCON III - you really gonna go?

I think there are still schedules from tonmocon I and II in other threads, but so far the events have been one day of lectures on topics ranging from science to husbandry to art, a few silly events (remote control cuttlefish races, Cthulhu costumes), some casual get-togethers for meals and such, usually some retiring to pubs or hanging around in hotel rooms chatting, some group wandering around attractions like aquariums, and sometimes special tours (like Gilly's lab, MBARI, and Mote.) It's usually been few enough people that it can be flexible and casual, and give people chances to get together in smaller groups to get to know each other and so forth.

Silly Cthulhu costumes? I beg your pardon? To be sweated to death in a fabrication that smelled like rotten oysters only to be called silly?

Seriously, I doubt I have learned more about cephalopods in my life in such a short time, Tonmocons are well worth attending.

I may have found a way to stream it, if Tony and Monty already haven't !

WhiteKiboko;127028 said:
Looking forward to it, but location is a bigger issue than economy...

Only going if WK goes .... coz he's a big blouse, sniffs roses and smells like a boiler suit .... and I have unfinished business to attend to (he's only seen the 'O' face!).

.... I'll be there no matter what (my vacation too).

Steve O'Shea;127533 said:
Only going if WK goes .... coz he's a big blouse, sniffs roses and smells like a boiler suit .... and I have unfinished business to attend to (he's only seen the 'O' face!).

.... I'll be there no matter what (my vacation too).

It's good to be the trendsetter...

You're just miffed that I'm too much of a gentleman to humiliate you... :biggrin2:

WhiteKiboko;127577 said:
You're just miffed that I'm too much of a gentleman to humiliate you... :biggrin2:

Steve definitely has the thin wiry kind of strength, but considering WK's mass, I doubt that the results of the next contest will be much different. Sorry Steve. (If you start lifting maybe you can surprise him!)

I think you need to work on your sportscaster delivery, Sorseress:

This will be a sight to behold: the Doctor of Doom from Kiwi Country in a knock-down match with the Southern Gentleman Powerhouse from Real America. Sparks will fly, and we're bound to get a few surprises in the show as these Titans meet in a cross-continental fight of guile and brute force. The Mad Doctor is fresh from a followup match with a Giant Squid after leaving the Colossal Cephalopod in stitches. The Kibo has smacked down Ninja Turtles and taken the belt from Dangerous Jack Manatee. This will truly be the match of the century. Only $39.99 on pay-per-view, not to be missed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back