TONMOCON II Venue and Date Set!

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I have been contacted by Mr. Jim Wharton at MOTE Marine Labs in Sarasota Florida today. We have convention space held for us for June 23rd, 2007 at MOTE, and 50 free aquarium passes. Discount lodgings for hotels around Sarasota will be forthcoming. Tonmocon II, June, 2007 is on! The convention ought to run June 22-24th of next year. Now lets start booking our featured guests! Nice anniversary present (today is Rebecca's and my 5th).

Job well done, Erich! Here we go!

We will figure out a fair way to allocate the 50 free aquarium passes to joining in with TONMOCON. Stay tuned on that!

Needless to say, I'd like to book presentations based loosely upon Tonmo.com's regular format. I'd like a specific "Fossils and History" presentation, for instance, just like last time when Greg and I gave the "Culture and Entertainment" presentation.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (AND THANKS) ERICH & REBECCA!

So you've set up our venue for TONMOCON II? What great news for all of us -- I am SO there (with or without my two XY-types)! Many-armed hugs from all of us to both of you.

Also,

:glass: HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY ERICH & REBECCA! :glass:

According to my online research, the appropriate anniversary gift for #5 is WOOD, so in your honor here is a link made completely of WOOD:

THE WOOD, THE WHOLE WOOD, AND NOTHING BUT THE WOOD

Have a delightfully romantic 5th, and many more!

Tani
[celebrating my 21st in three months, Cthulhu help me! :bugout:]

get the latter....

someone fire off a ceph-centric movie script..... i'll blackmail his agent into telling him he should do the movie, and naturally he should give the keynote to gain perspective for the role.....

it maybe sorta could possibly work - if hell froze over.... but come on, didnt you ever see that simpsons episode (homer and apu i think) he's just that dedicated...

we should give it a try....

It's been suggested that we ought to try to reach Christopher Walken to have him do an interpretive "squid dance", but I don't know if that's feasible... or educational for that matter. It would be scary, however.

I talk w/ Dr. James Wood regularly (although it's been a few months)... not sure this is a budget item (or what our budget is just yet, if anything) but I'll certainly be extending him an invite.

It will be quite the event, I do believe..."hurricane tonmo" !
Well done, Erich, also.

Like, Totally Squidacious!!! Quite looking forward to what will surely be the greatest cephalopodal event of the new year! Could we perchance entice a local microbrewery to augment the festivities with a special ale for the occasion? Erich, my hero....

Erich is indeed a hero for a variety of reasons, including this one.

Let me also hasten to add the contributions and efforts of Jason Robertshaw of Cephalopodcast.com (and octopodcast.com!), who works at MOTE, and was the first to suggest that we hold TONMOCON II there. Erich followed through and so here we are. So THANKS Jason and Erich!!! It's gonna be awesome.

ob;79761 said:
Like, Totally Squidacious!!! Quite looking forward to what will surely be the greatest cephalopodal event of the new year! Could we perchance entice a local microbrewery to augment the festivities with a special ale for the occasion? Erich, my hero....

Kraken Pale? Dosidocus Stout?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back