TONMOCON II Poll

In contemplating all the cool things Thales might talk about, and the ones he did talk about last time, it occurs to me that something that might work in some way would be to have some sessions more oriented to "round table discussions" or "panel discussions" rather than the "one person lectures" format. Of course, some of that is because I might be more comfortable moderating a discussion than giving a lecture myself-- I certainly don't mean to suggest that I had any problems with any of the lectures last time around, just that it might be fun to mix in some back-and-forth discussions...

Slight change of plans, due to a very short summer break, Grade/Year 11 Exams that will take place until the end of July. I will not be attending TONMOcon, unless a sudden outbreak of anthrax or bird flu breaks out in Hong Kong.

Last month the answer was a definite yes and we had started making plans. Unfortunately our "hotel" will be closed that week as my sister in Tampa will be in St Maartin. She and spouse have invited us to go along if we can find cheap flights so now it is up to Delta/Spirit to make the decision. Needless to say we can't commit either way until the last minute.

you seem to be roughly about the same distance as me from sarasota.... while i do have a slightly less congested path, (and don't have to cross atlanta :goofysca:) an 8 hour ride in the car seems a bit more cost effective for me...

So up until this morning I was thinking that it just wasn't going to be possible for me to attend, but now I'm thinking that despite being on probation in my new job here at UCSD, I've already put in a ridiculous amount of hours and they probably wouldn't mind giving me a day off, even though I'm technically not allowed to take vacation yet. All this talk about a sperm whale washing up on a santa barbara beach with squid beaks in its stomach has me thinking cephy again. So I am now a "probably yes". Just have to get the boss to agree not to notice that I'm not around that Monday.

Haven't been around these forums much since the last tonmocon, so I suppose I've got a bit of catching up to do.

I need to learn all I can about this hobby, and I would LOVE to meet all you folks, but this year isn't looking like it would work out at this point; so I'm a "probably not".

Situations with work and home simply wouldn't allow it this time around, but I'll be waiting with anticipation for the next one!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back