TONMOCON II Poll | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

TONMOCON II Poll

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
OK, it's time to start getting an idea of who will be there and who will be square. Please respond to the Poll on this thread and let us know if you plan to join our second TONMO.com convention (TONMOCON II) at MOTE in Sarasota, Florida, on June 23rd / 24th, 2007. Agenda and details to follow, but for an idea of what TONMOCON I was like, [url2=http://www.tonmo.com/tonmocon/tonmocon.php]click here[/url2].

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Obviously, I'll definitely be there. I think I have to give a presentation or something. Probably on cephalopods in art and mythology. Who else is up? I've heard a few yeas, few nays so far...

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I certainly have every intention of attending. I look forward to meeting other Tonmoers in person, not just via the internet.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Sigh...........I'm the definitely not..................unless I win big on lotto or find some nice kind rich person to sponser a trip (:grin:)

NZ to US is simply too far............post lots of piccys :cry:

J

jc45

GPO
Registered
Well, since I'll be at MOTE at that time anyway, it's inevitable that I'll at least see you guys. I do plan to attend, though!

Joey

Fini

Wonderpus
Supporter
I've been waiting years now to buy a house as the market in California has been over-inflated for years now. Now that the market is giving a little I think my wife and I might try to get our first home. That means that all my fun money spending is put on hold until we decide on whats happening. Either way, if I have money freed up, I'll be there, but if we decide to get a house it will probably be Tonmocon III that I finally make it to.

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I'm probably not coming this year. Unless I win a few thousand bucks off the lottery or something.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Richard, we'd be quite happy if you gave another presentation. Your last one was fantastic.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
In contemplating all the cool things Thales might talk about, and the ones he did talk about last time, it occurs to me that something that might work in some way would be to have some sessions more oriented to "round table discussions" or "panel discussions" rather than the "one person lectures" format. Of course, some of that is because I might be more comfortable moderating a discussion than giving a lecture myself-- I certainly don't mean to suggest that I had any problems with any of the lectures last time around, just that it might be fun to mix in some back-and-forth discussions...

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Slight change of plans, due to a very short summer break, Grade/Year 11 Exams that will take place until the end of July. I will not be attending TONMOcon, unless a sudden outbreak of anthrax or bird flu breaks out in Hong Kong.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Last month the answer was a definite yes and we had started making plans. Unfortunately our "hotel" will be closed that week as my sister in Tampa will be in St Maartin. She and spouse have invited us to go along if we can find cheap flights so now it is up to Delta/Spirit to make the decision. Needless to say we can't commit either way until the last minute.

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards