Tonmocon II (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, just checked out Tony's account of TONMOcon I and it looked so fun! Which makes the whole thing even more painful for Yours Truly.... the one who (if slightly impaired memory serves) came up with the original idea of TONMOcon lo these many aeons ago, and now appears to be unable to ever attend an actual event.

Bermuda? UK? Continental Europe? The Antipodes? Hell, at this point I can't afford to go even if TONMOcon II is in freakin' Florida! In fact, according to Chancellor of the Exchequer Richard the Frugalhearted, anyplace other than the Mid-Atlantic or New England states is beyond my means from now unto the Second Coming.

MAJOR bummer! :cry:

Is there.... is there.... just a ghost-shrimp of a chance that someday, somehow, there will be a TONMOcon in Boston, or Cape Cod, or Mystic, or Baltimore, or perhaps even :::gasp::: Coney Island?

Hope springs eternal (with apologies to Melissa).... :sun:

The Tanster

If you give me enough time I can, this time, make the little badges for the convention. ONce again, I won't be able to attend but I would love to contribute.

KRin

Aw, crap, here I was, thinking I might be able to attend the 2006 one... currently planning to be on the U.S. East Coast for 3-4 weeks this June or July. We'll probably be stopping through at least the NEAq and Baltimore along the way (and spending 2 weeks in DC), so... maybe we could do a mini, off-year TONMOCON (one-day meet-up-at-aquarium-type-deal?) this summer for anyone on the mid- to upper- East Coast and anyone else who wants to travel?

I could easily travel to the north east, once given sufficient advance notice. Baltimore has some niceness to it, once you know your way around: the bay shrimp at Bertha's (Fell's Point) deserve special mention!

I think a mini hook up tonmocon is a great idea...don't know if I can make it, but any time you get a bunch of us yahoos together, you have magic !

It's possible that I might be able to make a mini in the DC area in early/mid(?) July. I'm planning on attending a family reunion in northern North Carolina in late July (I think, I'll have to go back and look at old emails) and I was already planning on spending at least a couple of days in Maryland visiting friends before heading south. I was going to meet my brother there (in N.C.)and then head to his place in St Augustine with him after the reunion, but if the timing works out, I could fly out a day or two early for a mini Tonmocon. Fair warning to anyone who hasn't been there at that time of the year. D.C. in July is usually like Hades on a bad day. Even Phoenix in July isn't as miserable.

I know, that's why we always fled back to MN for the summer - I mean really, who builds a nation's capital in a swamp?! (Hmm... same people who build a city below sea level and then artificially maintain the river channel close by when it wants to change course... yeah :roll:) ... but it's just not looking like we can avoid it. Wish I could be there for the cherry blossoms, but other family commitments are conspiring against me there.

bigGdelta said:
Let me know when the date/location is set and I'll try to book my band somewhere nearby so I can come.

If we're talking 2007, then I might have my own giant Cthulhu costume. Want to do a Mighty Cthulhu Old Time Revival Show for Tonmocon II? This, of course, would mean that I'd have to drive instead of fly, but if we're lucky, Rebecca and I might be working from home by then. These are real silly shows. Ask Monty.

i vote Galveston. ive been dying to see the NRCC. that place is graceland for everyone who loves cuttlefish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back