TONMOCON II: August '06 Update

Hallelujah, an East Coast TONMOcon at last! 'Course Noo Yawk -- or even New England -- would've been better for me, but I'm not complaining because it's still feasible. June would be good because the stifling heat and hurricanes don't kick in till July & August. And since Evan (now a college freshman) finishes his school year in early June, we may even be able to make it a family trip, leaving early so we can make it a two or three-day drive with a couple of stopovers.

So, where specifically did you have in mind? Marineland and its environs would seem to be the most logical venue:

Marineland Website

What do you think?

Re-surfacing after way too long in the abyss,
Tani

I would also say that mote is good. they have an octopus and said that they had cuttlefish and may do that again. also, they have a very nice, intact giant squid. as well as all of this, they have some other interesting exhibits (once they had what looked like a baby man-o-war jellyfish, that was cool), and there is a rare bird sanctuary nearby. and my grandparents live in sarasota...

That all depends on whether Cthulhu decides to grace us (or maybe anhililate us) with his presence at the Tonmocon...:cthulhu:

Joey

Can't provide all the details yet, but it looks like it's happening! More in the next few days.:octopus: :squid: :cuttle: :vampyro: :cool2:

NOOO!!!!
Why can't we do a San Diego Tonmo-Con??
The climate is always moderate and it is home to the famous Bimac so we could explore tidepools and catch octo's (this is especially good for those who want one as a pet).

we also have a great aquarium here that features a tidepool exhibit were they feed a full grown bimac and also a HUGE GPO. Check 'em out:

Birch Aquarium at Scripps | Home

cool huh? And I bet more people would come if it were here to.

PPLLLEAASSSEEE????

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back