Tonmocon I

Status
Not open for further replies.
o.vulgaris said:
tonmo, why not have the "convention" at the NRCC??? :shock:
Would certainly be an appropriate place for a gathering, but I'm sticking w/ Baltimore Aquarium.

Tell you what, I'll let you know when further details are available! Will take some time for this to happen. [shooing the cooks from the kitchen...] :heee:

Bald Evil, sounds good, I'll be in touch, thanks!

Hey Tony!

Are you setting up a package deal? Hotel, Aquarium etc.? Will there be some sort of workshop? Should be great! I never got there cause of the blizzard last year.

Also, any word on your trip to the shore yet?

Carol

Shore trip... no word on that one yet (watch that thread in the Supporters forum for updates :wink: ) I'll definitely let you know...

As for agenda and group rates, I'm thinking about all of these things, but nothing ready to announce at this time.

tonmo said:
Shore trip... no word on that one yet (watch that thread in the Supporters forum for updates :wink: ) I'll definitely let you know...

As for agenda and group rates, I'm thinking about all of these things, but nothing ready to announce at this time.

aww, I haven't subscribed yet, .....need to get the devil out (credit card), hehe, but serioully try and keep us updated, those of us who haven't subsribed yet lol. :smile:
How about greyhound, a bus trip sound's nice, I will personally make use of those extra flyer miles I have collected lol.You ahould take your time planning thing's for us,hehe, maybe a trip to a theme park or something, I don't really care, as long as we all meet up i'm fine with everything.
p.s. I don't believe in credit card's they give me the creep's... :goofysca:

Clem said:
Tony et al,

I have two questions about Baltimore:

1. How deep into the wee-hours do Baltimore's finer pubs remain open?
2. Have Baltimore's finer pubs outlawed the awful habit of smoking?

If the answers are "12am" and "yes," there could be trouble.

Clem

As I work for the CANCER COUNCIL here in Victoria, I vote for a NON-SMOKING venue every time....

I'll be in Canada September/October next year - can you hold the convention then?

KRin

...... I'm a heavy smoker and even I'll cast a vote for a non-smoking venue (I can't stand the smell of other people's cigarettes). But I do need a drink.

We can always stand outside and have a wee drink (and gossip about those inside :mrgreen: ). Count us in (plural, singular?? who knows .... my Neil Diamond poster hasn't returned to its rightful place on the wall yet ... until it turns up Tintenfisch is on a slow boat to China).

I'll stand outside with you... hehehe As long as you can suffer the cigar smoke and understand a drunk scotsman from time to time LOL

..... a cigar would go down mighty fine right now, even though smoking is a wretched habit that we do not condone!!!! But Col, I had a hard time understanding you when you were sober!!

Tintenfisch's boat just took a U-turn south, and the Earth is flat!! Will she slip off into oblivion before her soul is saved? Personally I think so, for this most positively evil woman hid my keys in a ceramic peanut (the same ceramic peanut has a habit of disappearing), adding insult to injury to a tired old fella at ~ 10pm, still wounded by the untimely loss of his Neil D poster. This woman has no soul to lose.

So it sounds like Lady T is still being cruel...I didn't know they even made Neil Diamond posters still...hmmm. You must have loved the movie: "Saving Silverman"...
Re: Tonmocon...I think the aquarium idea is great...perhaps we could visit the lab also??? We should have enough time in the space of a weekend. The idea about lectures, etc is good too...or perhaps a free forum with a slide show or the likes of it. Pubs: smoke doesn't bother me, but I actually like the ones where you have to smoke outside...my eyes water in the real chimney bars, and I like the fresh air if I have to have a tobacco fix.
sounds like a good time!
Greg

Tony et al,

Hmmm, this does sound pretty cool...

Maybe not quite as cool as a sleepover in the AMNH, but, still, pretty cool...

At least, it would occasion that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to call my friends and announce that I do, in fact, "sleep with the fishes" (but not, I'd hasten to add, in the Troy McClure sense of the phrase).

:goofysca:

Clem

okay, so are we going to party or what, steve, i look forward to hearing about your recent discoveries and so forth, I think I might enjoy this "convention" if it does become a choice, colin i'll see ya there...you to clem, hehe. :smile:
p.s. I hope no one is faint at heart, hahaha.... :lol:

Colin, will definitely be with you in the cigar lounge...

All, I'm not ready just yet to take attendence, but will do as soon as I can (need a date first, ay?)... I know there are lots of takers already...

KRin, honestly not sure if I can move it out to that date... but there'd be nothing stopping us from doing it again! :smile: Possibly, though... really, honestly not sure yet, will advise in due time.

tonmo said:
Colin, will definitely be with you in the cigar lounge...

All, I'm not ready just yet to take attendence, but will do as soon as I can (need a date first, ay?)... I know there are lots of takers already...

KRin, honestly not sure if I can move it out to that date... but there'd be nothing stopping us from doing it again! :smile: Possibly, though... really, honestly not sure yet, will advise in due time.

The only place I'm going in the US itself is Washington to visit the Smithsonian ( a life long dream of mine). I'll be in eastern Canada mostly - a friend of mine died early last year and this is mostly a memory trip for me.

I love a good drink - nice glass of white sparkling for me. I'll be the one with the large "no smoking" badge - hey, it comes with the job! I'm sure you don't need me to trot out all the facts of why you shouldn't smoke. I don't care if you smoke (or set yourself on fire, take hard drugs, whatever) just don't stand near me...I'm quite easy to get on with, really.

KRin (whi is really getting fed up with being sick)

krin, I totally agree with you, smoking has too many hazard's and I don't like being around other's who do it lol, I would rather just leave If I were in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back