Tonmocon I

Status
Not open for further replies.
TONMOCON ROLL CALL

If you're seriously interested in TONMOCON I (to take place sometime during the first half of next year), join the new TONMOCON Usergroup to express your interest. Joining this group DOES NOT MEAN you are signing up or that you are committed or anything like that. It's just an indicator for those of us interested in knowing which members are interested in attending.

So... how do you join the group? Click on the "Usergroups" link at the very top of this page, in the right-hand box. Then select the "TONMOCON Groupies" group, and then click the Join button.... here's the link right into Usergroups for your convenience:

Usergroups

After joining, I get an email, and then will approve you and you'll be added. I'll get to this each night, Eastern Time. Thanks!

tonmo said:
Yeah, 2004 TONMOCON Convention t-shirts, I like. Wouldn't be a problem.... just need a designer.... :heee:

And I have just found you a really neat design for the T-shirt!

I still get the ocassional science fiction (NEVER call it sci-fi in my hearing) and just got a copy of the final issue of MIMOSA. On the front cover is a giant squid being interviewed. Its by fan artists Peggy Ransom and Teddy Harvia - its great and would look wonderful on a shirt.

I have contacted the zine editors for an email address. The picture is a little large to scan and show you and is on blue card but if I get permission to show it to you I can scan a bit of it.

It's one way I can be involved in the convention as I can't be there, sniff.
KRin

krin said:
tonmo said:
Yeah, 2004 TONMOCON Convention t-shirts, I like. Wouldn't be a problem.... just need a designer.... :heee:

And I have just found you a really neat design for the T-shirt!

I still get the ocassional science fiction (NEVER call it sci-fi in my hearing) and just got a copy of the final issue of MIMOSA. On the front cover is a giant squid being interviewed. Its by fan artists Peggy Ransom and Teddy Harvia - its great and would look wonderful on a shirt.

I have contacted the zine editors for an email address. The picture is a little large to scan and show you and is on blue card but if I get permission to show it to you I can scan a bit of it.

It's one way I can be involved in the convention as I can't be there, sniff.
KRin
could you possibly pm me the pic, and since you can't go to tonmocon why not join the tonmocongroupies lol.

Overseas trip

o.vulgaris said:
krin, oh you already did join lol, cool, so you going then?? :biggrin2:

I'm going to Canada mainly next September and October with a side trip to the Smithsonian. A friend of mine died last year, I'll visit her grave in Ottawa with a friend, she her folks in Halifax, got to a charity auction in Toronto and maybe see a few sights.

I'm already excited!

KRin

Picture

o.vulgaris said:
krin said:
tonmo said:

could you possibly pm me the pic, and since you can't go to tonmocon why not join the tonmocongroupies lol.

Picture is at home. Will send weekend.
Artist has had some small stokes so will not be able to redraw the squid but the other artist involved I know and he may redraw it.

KRin.

if you need help with getting that pic ready for the shirt i would be glad to help. I´m a designer and just finished some shirts for band merchandise, i got a little experience in these things :madsci:

it's been a rough day for me today, blasted co-student's kept nagging at me to join a ecology club, I had no choice but to join lol.

So krin, do you have tonmo's consent to make/design the t-shirts. don't want to violate anything, in case his logo is patented or protected, Im mean if you make 100k in profit (very likely to happen, hehe) by selling tonmo t-shirt's he might want some of his money lol, becuase technically if he doesn't know about it and you decide to go through with it and his logo is patented well you can get in big trouble mister. :grad:
Just some advise lol.
Just in case you decide to do this have tonmo's consent first lol. :smile:

One doesn't have to mark up the price on CafePress items, altho if whoever decided to make them did, I suggest that all of the money go back into Tonmo (or at least a Tonmocon drink fund)

A contest for logos actually might be rather fun.... I envision a massive ceph with pints in it's 8 arms.... Oh, and Tony definitely has the final say on whose design goes! Altho maybe he'll let us all vote?

My Dear Mr. Sedusa,

I was most disappointed in your avatar photo. You bear absolutely no resemblance to a hideous, gelatinous tentacled abomination from the depths of the Abyss, as you represented in a self-description posted earlier. Accordingly, you have been denounced to the RPD (R'lyeh Police Department) for commission of a 666.6, Impersonating An Old One.

They're coming to get you. Pack your water wings, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

:cthulhu:

PS: Cute pic! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back