TONMOCON and Asian Markets

MikeHoncho

Cuttlefish
Registered
I was wondering if anyone will be venturing out to some of the Asian Markets in the bay area during TONMOCON. Several carry live Octos I am not wild about the holding tank methods that are used to keep these animals, but I understand that I need to respect other cultural views. I think that these are local catches, so some would have to be bimacs.

Interesting! But no! :biggrin2: I actually live near an Asian supermarket and cephs are fairly common there. I think I went in there... once... :rolleyes:

I'd like to take a look if I can find a way and have the time. Our Asian markets have a few fish, occasional abalone and live blue crabs but rarely anything else live (plenty of frozen and dried) so I would like to see how they are kept. I might regret the thought and there is no way I could rescue one but ...

Dave Lin made several attempts a few years back but without success. We looked locally at both the markets and the restaurants to give it a go but Atlanta does not seem to have a large population of people interested in acquiring live animals for dinner (or there may be laws that prevent it here). Trying to take one home on a plane would be a crueler death than as dinner in dieing in the tanks I am afraid or I would seriously think about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back