TONMO Website Changelog

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
This thread will describe all functional changes to the TONMO Website and community. Suggestions & feedback welcome!

Coming soon: mobile push notifications, reactions, better video embedding and more!
Check out @cephs’s Tweet:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
updates complete! Stay tuned for some configurations... and enjoy the new "like" options :smile: ... more to come.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
push notifications are working! (Apple does not support this unfortunately)

Attachments

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Search has been enhanced. A search for "ink" will now return inks, inking, etc.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
We now have "similar threads" enabled! Scroll down to the bottom of any forum page to see other threads which are similar to the one you are viewing.

This feature also shows similar threads when creating a new thread, as you type in the title for your post. Helpful on a forum with nearly 20 years of content!

Last edited:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I have corrected some problems with our Facebook and Twitter integrations, for login and registration. Some folks may need to login again, but this should be a one-time task. Thank you for your patience!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I've implemented a new system for our Cephalopod Articles, and most files have been converted with the exception of a few categories (like the Tako the Octopus series and and book / movie reviews).

If you are not logged in, you'll only see the first couple of paragraphs -- login or register to see full contents. Also, every article now supports a comments section (restricted to members)... And members can also offer Reactions to articles (e.g., likes, etc.), and rate them.

And finally, all Registered Members, Supporters, and Staff can create their own articles; it's as easy as posting here on the forums. They do go into a moderation queue which I'll review and offer any feedback prior to approving. The "About the Author" section can be managed by you in your profile settings, here (scroll down a bit).

I'm looking forward to your continued contributions!