Tonmo Teeshirts

new t-shirts will be available at Tonmocon, and off of the web...a bunch of us are hashing through designs...will post as soon as possible...
greg

Got a Mug and T shirt, and they arrived yesterday. Both are HUGE! I forgot that American XL is really a gigantic tent. Least it means I can wear it over my sweatshirt as the British climate is not conducive to constant t shirt wearing. The mug has made me the envy of my office as, due it being a similar size to an archi's mantle, I can now drink twice as much tea as everyone else without increasing the number of visits to the tea urn.

Fantastic stuff!

I also bought a Giant Squid T-shirt as advertised on the Chips and Egg website (mentioned on another thread) it says 'Up from Below' with a piccy of a squid, no tentacle clubs though, just ten arms all the same length, that is slightly annoying, unless there are any squid species with ten arms all the same length?

:coffee: :unionjac:

Cafepress product quality

How does the shirt look? Usually when you order shirts from a silkscreener, they charge you a flat rate of $30 for each screen on top of the price per shirt and labor...I've always thought Cafepress's system seemed too good to be true, and I'm wondering if they're using some new, more "efficient" technology (read, lower quality?).

Dan

CapnNemo said:
.....no tentacle clubs though, just ten arms all the same length, that is slightly annoying, unless there are any squid species with ten arms all the same length?

Maybe it's a gargantuan belemnite?

Don't think it's a belemnite, the arms are too long compared to the renditions in the fossil section, all wavy too. But then aren't the arms soft tissue anyway and a 'best guess' on the artist impressions?

In terms of the Cafepress print quality, I think it looks pretty good, the coloures are nice and the print seems very firmly in place, no flaking or anything, mind you I haven't washed it yet. The mug is excellent quality and is now banned from the office as it was inducing too much envy.

Do you think we can add some black t-shirts to our Cafepress site?

On another note, if we want to have some different shirts made up, my friend and next door neighbor runs a modern silk-screening business and he can make up the shirts (hats, aprons, hoodies, etc) at a pretty affordable rate. I had him do a small run of black shirts for my cockroach racing project last spring. They were full 4-color shirts with a base layer on American Apparel (non-sweatshop, made in L.A.) shirts for about $12 a piece.

If we have a need in the future, I'd be happy to get a bid from him.

Chris

Thanks Fini -- OK, I've added the black t-shirts!

As for custom shirts, cthulhu77 actually made some great t-shirts for our first TONMOCON (convention), using the same image I just put on the black t-shirt, in fact. So he's our resident product manufacturer! We're leveraging CafePress since they do nice work, but at some point we may be able to open up our own store of this nature, selling the products ourselves.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back