TONMO featured in PLOS Biology as example of great online community for scientists!

This may be old news to some (and hopefully I didn't overlook an old post) but I just read an article in PLOS Biology: "An Introduction to Social Media for Scientists" (An Introduction to Social Media for Scientists).

In it, Bik and Goldstein highlight TONMO as a example of a good online community.

"Online communities can be especially useful for niche topics where community members have specific needs or require specialized interactions. For example, blog updates and discussion forums can offer user support for software (e.g., programs written in R, R-bloggers), while communities of taxonomists may benefit from a wiki devoted to a particular group of organisms (e.g., the Octopus News Magazine Online for cephalopods, TONMO Cephalopod Community)."

Nice job everybody!

Thanks! I think I did tweet about this / put it on our Facebook page, but I'm not sure I posted about it here. I was thrilled when I spotted that, not too long ago! :thumbsup:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back