Hi TONMOers - this week is our 12th Anniversary at TONMO! We introduced a few enhancements over the weekend to mark the occasion, detailed below. *THANKS* to all TONMO Staff, Supporters, members and fans for making TONMO the best cephalopod community IN THE WORLD
Summary of changes
Summary of changes
- Introduced the Activity Stream under "What's New" tab. This lets you see all the things that are new in one view (blogs, articles, album pics, etc.). "New Posts" is now a sub-menu item.
- Updated the Android app in the Google Play store
- Display Reputation in User Profiles, and notifications for reputation changes
- added an Articles tab and dedicated page and emoved article navigation section from left margin of homepage.
- Reordered Forum category listings on Forums page (Care, then Species, then Fossils, then Community, then Partners)
- moved Ceph Care Ethics to Ceph Care forum category
- moved Nautilus to become a sub-forum of Exotics & Rare Species
- moved Education & Employment and Jana's Corner to become sub-forums under Culture
- moved Cephalopod Fact Check to become a sub-forum under Physiology & Biology
- made Ceph News Feeds a sub-forum under Octopus' Den
- made Marine Conservation a sub-forum under Octopus' Den
- moved Culture to the Our Community category
- moved ID Requests to the Ceph Species category, and added a link to that forum from the Ceph Care category (i.e., it can be found in both places)
- moved Physiology & Biology, Behavior & Intelligence and Diving & Ceph Encounters to the Cephalopod Species category
- removed the Cephalopod Main category
- moved Marketplace from Octopus' Den to Culture
- shrunk the size of the forum icons.
- added an "Albums" tab. The Gallery is for public-facing photos for all to see, and Albums can be viewed / browsed by members-only.
- added random Album images to the homepage
- updated the format for the Album pictures showing up at the bottom of the forum home page
- added an About Us tab
- updated formatting / cleaned up the Meet the Staff page
- added a notice which displays to Senior Members reminding them to consider becoming a Supporter