• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tom's assorted crabs?

Captfish-

These will be the underwater type yes?
The same as Dana's assorted mixed octopus food crabs that "D" discussed a while back?
I will likely get some for my O. briareus too.
Thank you

Did i read that you are picking up 2 mercs today? I am very jealous! :sagrin:

Lmecher;150611 said:
Captfish-

These will be the underwater type yes?
The same as Dana's assorted mixed octopus food crabs that "D" discussed a while back?
I will likely get some for my O. briareus too.
Thank you

Yup. the exact same. I am actually going to ask him some questions about these guys.

Did i read that you are picking up 2 mercs today? I am very jealous! :sagrin:

rock.gif
12844.gif
13318.gif

What I believe is $1 per crab, If anyone else has ordered assorted crabs from cramers, feel free to chime in.

brandy g- how many did you order, in $$ ?

Please keep in touch and let us know what kind of crabs you get, and share your experience.

The ones I got were all decorator crabs and I still have a couple wondering the tanks (a couple had intresting carapices and I put them in my clown/anemone tank) and one has escaped the notice of both Maya and Puddles. I only have polyps and gorgonians in those two tanks so I don't know about leathers or other softies but nothing in my tanks has been bothered.

Decorator crabs are not reef safe. My tank is not exactly a reef but reef-like. Hmmm.....need to think about this. Maybe I'll try a few and see how it goes. I think you are making a mistake putting them in your reef tank D. Keep a close eye on them. I guess there are exceptions to the rule.

There are two types of crabs called decorator crabs. One that looks like a tranchilla and one that is pear shaped. Do you know which one you looked up? These are the small pear shaped kind.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back