• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tom's assorted crabs?

I got mine w/my octopuses yeaterday. When I placed my order, there was something wierd going on with his website, I ordered over the phone. He wasn't sure how many crabs he'd have (low supply) so I just said give me what you have when you're ready to bill/ship. I got 12, all seperately bagged. 2 of the bags leaked, no water, no losses though. I got mostly decorators, a few emeralds and 2 oddball crabs. I worried about one which was extremely large. My octopus ate that one lastnight so no worries. Several were damaged missing legs or claws but I guess it really dosen't matter since they're going to be food. All in all I am happy with what I got..

Cool, I knew Ollie would eat the big one. I have caught a few stray crabs around my house to see if Legs would eat them and I was amazed at the size crab she was capible of getting and eating.

You can expect missing limbs when the crabs are also sold as clean-up crew, that is why they are on the reduced price list as food rather than in the higher priced collection.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Decorators are evil little ba$tards. Not some but all, every last little bit of my xenia is now a crab suit.
I cannt believe it. This is exactly what I was worried about. Can you believe it. From now on I'll stick with fiddlers.

100_4880.jpg

I bet he is very pleased with himself! I have to admit, thats one clever little crab.

Oh, I looked at the pic and thought, "is that octo in the crab shell?" it kinda looks like octo tentacles, and I though your octo was named xenia

YIKES :mad:
He is going after my goochster zoas now, he's already wearing 1. Another one of the decorators was on my beautiful bright green leather, I moved it to another tank.
Anyone else had this happen? I guess Ijust have to bit the bullet :goofysca:

Oops. I said I did not keep many corals. Mine have been happy with hair algae (the only remaining in the tank is on the back of the one that ate the patch I had before it got out of hand) or to have nothing attached (in the anemone/clown tank their caraprices are naked or covered in a coraline type algae - I rescued these because of their interesting shells). My polyps in the octo tank are very large and I did not put them in the nano with the smaller zoes. Sorry about the Xenia but I have to say it looks kind of cute. :tomato: I wonder if the Xenia it will live like that, there is certainly a possibility it might.

The xenia is traumatized but I see a little weak pumping. My husband wonders if the crab will spread it all over the tank. I had a problem with it in the past. I had it isolated on a removable rock so I cold prune it if need be. I am thinking maybe Ollie won't eat him with the xenia on him, what ya think?

I wish I could take him, I would love a mobile xenia platform! It will be interesting to see if the octo ignores him (puddles is ignoring the hair algae crab, so far ..) I guess but he would be on my rescued crab list.:razz:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back