To all non-US ceph heads

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
As we're now in the middle of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and planning for October might seem a bit off, I would still like to address those of us not within "commuting distance" of Washington DC to seriously consider planning a holiday break in the US with the added bonus of attending TONMOCON IV.

DC is at a similar latitude as, let's say, Valencia, and in October can be a wonderful place to extend the feel of Summer, or, if you happen to be from the Southern Hemisphere, ease the transition from Spring to Summer considerably. The Con itself is obviously sufficient reason for going, but if you throw in a coastal trip, two days of partying and dining in New York and a dash of culture in Philadelphia, you might be on to a splendid way of spending your holidays!

Return tickets to DC can be had from most EU airports for EUR 650 and about, currently, so it's not an absolutely huge investment to get there, plus, food, drink and accomodation are all fairly cheap by European standards.

Go on, you know you want it :wink:

I live in DC.

October's not too bad in DC, but it's no Valencia and October is well past summer. North American weather is much harsher than European weather at the same latitude.

I'd bring a light jacket.

I don't know,..if you're from somewhere like Russia then DC might seem like a nice reprieve from the cold lol. My wife is from Philly and I would love to attend, but we just spent a week in Puerto Rico and plan on a week in November to see her family. Sadly that's all of the vacation time we have.

Sigh!!!! I'm in southern NZ...........not really close to anything (except Aussie) no way I can afford the US.........unless I win lotto of course (but to do that I'll have to remember to buy a ticket :biggrin2:)

Thanks OB!

Will be posting the agenda (which is shaping up to be quite an agenda) and providing more details as we get into July... if you're traveling from far away, OB has the right idea - start making your plans now. The more ceph heads the better the party!

I just realized that the dates are on a Fri/Sat/Sun. My wife said that she can get me a round trip plane ticket to Baltimore for $160. Only problem is my wife says that's an hour away and taxi's are expensive. She said I have until midnight tonight to get the tickets. Decission, decission, decission,..

I'll be driving from Canada (Ottawa). In Ottawa, thanksgiving weekend is about 2 weeks ahead of the first snow, so DC will be warm and comfy :smile:

(yes, in Canada, TONMOcon weekend is thanksgiving weekend)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back