Thought I'd say Hello

rickg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello everyone,

Thought I'd better say hello, that way you know who is utilizing all this great info on your site.

I have kept several Reef tanks over the last couple of years with great success and am now starting to look into keeping an Octopus or Cuttlefish. This has been something I have wanted to do for over a year now, but never knew where to find these. My LFS had gotten in a couple of each last week so I figured I better start researching now.

I only have a couple of questions for you guy's. What species of each could be housed in a 3' 50 gallon tank, And does anyone in the US ship across the border into Canada ( neither seem to appear on the CITES list ). And lastly, do eggs ship well, I would prefer to purchase them that way so they would get there full life span in my tank.

Tried to post pics that I took at the LFS for the owner. Hope it works.

Thanks in advance for any help, and this is an absolutely great site.

Rick

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome aboard Rick! Glad you like the site -- if you've run out of questions to ask, be sure to post some answers! :wink:

Thanks for the pics, too -

rickg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I'm no where's near ready for anything yet. My tank is still sitting in the shed waiting to be drilled. I figure it will be another 6 months before I am ready to put any thing in it. I have all the equipment needed to support an octopus properly, now it's just a matter of time. One thing I have learned when dealing with salt water is patience. More time to educate myself before I go after this challenge.

The LFS has switched to a new supplier, so getting them shouldn't be that hard when I am ready. My only worry is the age of them when they get here.

Thanks for the welcome to your forum (I took alot of heat on another forum when I said I was considering the purchase of an octopus).

Rick

Members online

No members online now.