• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Thomas Update

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've posted, thought I would give a quick Thomas update.

He's doing fine! Here's a quick summary:

1. He is hand fed.
2. Weaned onto frozen foods (uncooked fresh shrimp, mussels, squid, clams, etc)
3. He's never tried to escape, not even once.
4. He sometimes squirts water at the top of the tank to get my attention.
5. Not quite sure of his age, since he was older when I picked him up from OctoPets. However, I've had him for over 4 months now, so I'm guessing he's 7 months old.
6. I'm experimenting with a Peppermint Shrimp now to get rid of those pesky aiptasias. So far he hasn't eaten him. And I have actually seen the shrimp eat an aiptasia with my own eyes, so I'm glad I got a REAL Peppermint Shrimp and not a look-a-like. I plan on picking up another one today.
7. Picking up another piece of live rock today to fill in the left side of the tank.
8. Even though there's a nice vase, PVC tube, and pirate treasure chest, Thomas still prefers his own den at the back right of the tank.
9. I have about 4 snails in the tank that he leaves alone. But put 1 hermit crab in there and it won't last the night!

Thomas1.jpg

Thomas2.jpg

Thomas3.jpg

Thomas4.jpg

Current Setup Stats:
30 Gallon Eclipse Tall (carbon/bio-wheel/flourescent lighting)
60 Gallon-rated Berlin-type protein skimmer
30+ lbs of live rock
4 Snails
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Bimac Octopus

:o)

Thanks for updating us! Glad to hear - and see - that Thomas is doing so well.

He must be well fed since he's not going after the peppermint shrimp! Hope that continues.

Please continue to report in, even if not too much exciting is happening with Thomas. The best news is that he's doing fine. Thanks for the pics, too.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back