• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Thomas is gone

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
We were with him right up to the end, he just stopped breathing and grabbed the skimmer tightly, then ink started coming out of his breathing tube and he went limp, and I thought "oh no, this is it" and he was gone :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rest in peace little buddy. :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry about Thomas. He was one of our premiere, record-setting octopuses. And he was your good friend and member of your family. I'm terribly sorry about your loss. He was a great octo. You have all my deepest sympathies.

Erich

Amazing how short such an intelligent creature's life is, one of the big bummers about being into cephs. It's never easy to deal with, but I sure hope you decide to stick with the hobby.

greg

Oh Blackie I'm sooo sorry for your loss, but on the upside, we are rejoicing with you in the good times with those pictures celebrating Thomas' life. You were a great daddy and I sincerely hope you won't give up this hobby. Your work with Thomas enriched us all. Hang in!

RIP Thomas :angelpus:

You gave Thomas an excellent home and took good care of him and he rewarded you by living 11 months, since last May. That means he must have been 13 or 14 months old.

He will be missed by all of us.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back