• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

This teuth enthusiast just got an early Christmas present!

kariann

Blue Ring
Registered
Hello All!
I am new here and am so happy to have come across this site! I have had an unusual obsession with cephs, mainly the squids, for several years now. Unfortunately, my fascination has often gone unmatched among my peers. I was in high school in 2004 and when Dr. Kubadera photographed the famous giant alive for the first time. I hung the news article in my locker. :smile: Early on I wanted to have a "pet squid" but with preliminary research I discovered that that is absolutely impossible. Since then, I have adopted the opinion that I would never want to keep a ceph in captivity. I am just a huge enthusiast that is starving for more information about these absolutely wonderful animals. I have always said if I had a "next life" I would dedicate my life to teuthology. I have been a huge Steve O'Shea :oshea: fan for a while now, and I love that many of his articles can be found here. Thank you TONMO for having such a site available. I can now live out my dream of following ceph news and research. I already have an established career, which I do enjoy, but now being a part of this community I can subside some of my guilt from not choosing marine biology as a career. I am just so happy to be here and look forward to getting to know some of you more!

One last word before I sign off on this post: I have nothing against other cephs, and I still find them absolutely fascinating, I don't know what it is, maybe the ellusiveness, but the squids in particular, are my absolute favorite of all the cephs. :squid::squid::squid:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:welcome: to TONMO.

You've come to the right place!
Not only will you find Steve's articles here, but you'll find him too!

Tentacle Toast

GPO
Registered
Welcome to TONMO! I was elated to stumble upon this sight too (& a bit perplexed that I hadn't done so earlier)! Octopuses do it for me, but I've always liked squid & cuttlefish as well. Maybe after reading some of the member's posts, you too will be inspired to open your home to a ceph...happy reading!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
:welcome: kariann! :santa:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Tentacle Toast;194420 said:
...you guys have a smiley for everything, don't you? LoL
and just to confuse Kariann (re another post) we have: :drk: (Dr. Kubadera ) as well as :no_diamond: and :diamond_trans: :sagrin:

Members online

No members online now.