• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

This is a test and only a test.

more data

The water temp is 60 degrees and the sheep head fish look like they are going to give birth or lay eggs; not sure what they do. Half of them look like the they are going to pop, they are so round.

The pond is loaded with life. shore shrimp, sheepheads, mollies, snails, crabs, mysid and copods. It is clear and clean temp is about 70 degrees, saltwater is at 32 ppt and holding. My next thing to add will be a few damsel fish and chromis.:madsci:

Hi all. Now that the pond is stable any suggestions as to what to put in it next? This is mostly a 5 month feeder pond loaded with food for cuttlefish but it is ready to add other types of things. I was thinking about an Anemone; say a ROCK ANEMONE. Might add more rocks for hiding and breeding places.

Maybe not too many responders here, I guess most of us might be clueless given the lack of experience with this type of operation, but I am sure a lot of avid readers!

This would be an ideal thing for people in warm climates that don't have to worry about freezing. It will still work for me because my main goal is to provide a breeding ground for the food I plan to feed my cuttlefish when they get bigger. If I get a good stock going I can bring it inside this winter but for now it will keep me from having to come up with ways to feed the cuttlefish later. It has some of everything and they are breeding nicely.:biggrin2:

it is still looking ok, up the salt level to 34 ppt. More sun than needed but temp change daily might be an issue until it settles down here. No heater in the pool. But it is the same as the pools I find in the wild with the exception of high tide. :wink: Funny the chromis and damsels lasted 24 hours and died but I think it was the sheep head picking on them? They are very aggressive. NOTE: Might hurt cuttlefish if used for food!

I did a large water change to fix any issues and corrected the salt level to 34.5 ppt.
I will give it time to settle and add a damel and chromis again. So far the ANEMONE is taking the change well, I know from diving that I see them in all type of light, salt, and temp levels so I think it will survive, but if it looks poorly in any way I will pull it from the pond. :sad: :madsci:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back