• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Thinking ahead

asid61

GPO
Registered
I just started my "reef" a couple of months ago, but only got corals into it a few weeks ago. Are there any octopuses that could go in there in about 6-8 months?
I have a sponge filter, All ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings are 0, 1phosphate, 560 calcium (working on getting it down), 0 copper, and good specs for everything else.
Any octos I could put in there in a few months?
Also, the only livestock as of now is a small frogspawn and green star polyp.
I am able to provide live for it's entire life, but can the smaller kinds be weaned onto frozen?
Thanks in advance!

I have had two and they are kind of fun. I have not kept a peacock yet though and the two I have kept (one still with me) were much smaller and not as colorful but the one I have now will come up to my finger outside the tank (after 2 years) and show curiosity. Initially when he decided to be bold enough to approach, he wrapped the tank wall but now he just looks at me quizically.

I know I don't want to (but one of our members enjoys training his to be hand friendly) but neither Slither nor Fidel have ever come after me when I clean their tanks (which I have always done with both of them bare handed). I would not be so bold with a peacock though.

I saw that movie on youtube a few weeks ago!
Wait I'm making a new thread because a whole new variable just came up. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back