[Octopus]: Theon - O. briareus Back with a new baby!

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Reaction score
Added some pictures of my tank in the daytime to the FB group, explaining about live rock and why “so few toys” are in the tank- so sharing them here, too. Not too exciting, just trying to keep the content consistent.

Attachments

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've checked .ini and forum software. Yes, .mov files are working, see my tests (and let's continue that discussion over there, sorry @sedna for the distraction on your thread! :nofeet:
No worries about working over this thread!!! I SO don’t understand the magic you work to keep this site running!

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Theon has decided mornings are “hide and seek” time! As the lights start coming up at 9ish, he becomes very playful before napping all day.

Attachments

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
So here are some pictures of the tank with red lighting at 1%. Not looking to post stellar photos, just want to give an idea about how these look at night.

Attachments

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Theon must have gotten into it with one of the larger hermit crabs in the tank, because he lost the tip of his first right arm last week. He spent a couple of days hiding and only coming out to take food. . He never turns down food! Anyway, he’s out asking for attention today and I got some pics of new growth.

Attachments

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Theon never eats red legged hermit crabs, only the blue ones. Any thoughts?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, I have only had one (and LittleBit ate ANYTHING) that would eat hermits at all. However, I i may never have tried offering them to juveniles.

Since I have a soft-spot for the red legs (they can be trained to come eat from your hand) and and dislike the quarrelsome blues, this is not sad news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Candace Harrett

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards