[Octopus]: Theon - O. briareus Back with a new baby!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
:feet: is anyone able to play & view the videos above? I'm trying to troubleshoot why this .MOV file won't render, but others will. When I download it as an attachment, my PC tells me I need to install a specific codec to view it. Anyone else having issues?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
:feet: Not finding anything odd. It is a 25,267 kb .mov (Apple Quicktime) file so not particularly large. I checked my default player and it is something labeled Movies & TV. I tried the HP software that came with my computer as well as Windows Media Player and all played. Are you running Windows 10? If so did you upgrade to it or did it come installed. If it is an upgrade you may need to update your version of Windows Media Player. I used to have to use VLC or upload codex for my Canon because it created .mov files but now the Media Player seems to be able to play them fine (likely an end of copy right thing)

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
:feet: thanks, but you have to download & play it, correct? I'd like those videos to be embedded vs. download, but it doesn't seem to be working. @sedna also notes that it kind of stops at 99% when uploading (I couldn't recreate that).

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
:feet: Are you sure other .MOV files are automatically rendering? If so check the size limit (often a problem in the past). There may be 2 places for setting the limit but if other downloads of similar or larger sizes work then only in the bb software (the second is in the .ini)

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Reaction score
SO all of the videos have been taken with my iPhone 8. The videos that didn't load are 30 sec and 15 sec respectively. I didn't do anything differently that I did with that first one that loaded without a hitch!

I know I'm not technically savvy, so I did ask John to help me. We sent the video from my phone to the laptop and tried from there, but it would get 99% loaded then fail.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
:feet: Are you sure other .MOV files are automatically rendering? If so check the size limit (often a problem in the past). There may be 2 places for setting the limit but if other downloads of similar or larger sizes work then only in the bb software (the second is in the .ini)
Yes, I've checked .ini and forum software. Yes, .mov files are working, see my tests (and let's continue that discussion over there, sorry @sedna for the distraction on your thread! :nofeet:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soviadat

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards