• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

The Underwater Fields of Anfield Road - Under Construction

ah ha, :wink: i missed that one the second time round... just shows we are all at least consistant in advice :smile:

i just went back to re-check his sump and overflow pics and spotted it

nice one fellas

That link is quality Colin, ive tried removin the total bend so its just an upstand pipe, but its too noisy which was the point of it all in the first place. think i will try removin the bend down and also try puttin in an extension down the weir from the bend down an see if either work....will let ya know!!

Also the sump levels in that pic are what happens when i turn me pump off an the water has drained down, although there isnt a mega difference anyway, will post a pic of it runnin to explain....

right i'll go an do some testin, nice one!!! :biggrin2: :notworth:

Hello folks hope your well

I havnt been on for a while due to work commitments but....I have aquired a considerable amount of live rock from an established tank, along with water, a big african starfish....etc

am having a mini cycle at the mo, but its in my main tank with a serious amount of plumbing to link up the sump and have it running properly.

But have a major problem kind of as expected... my tank is running at about 97degreesF at mo....I not gunna be able to go the bimac route unless air-con can be used which I doubt....so anyone know any octo's I can have at that temp?????

many thanks in the mean time

Well folks heres an update....

finished the design of the sump, no pics thou at mo, am currently piping return with a number of outlets for sufficent flow (avoiding any pumps an power heads bein in display tank)

Tank currently cycling, should be ready for 2 clowns (in mates sump at mo) to be dropped in anytime now, got to test.

Got 35 kilos of liverock in the tank at mo and have someone comin to take 15 away tonight so i can have a nice little beachy area for him to hunt and play an were away!!! (or closer!! :shock: :smile: :biggrin2: )

Does anyone have an i.d. on my starfish, im told its african by the fella i aquired it off.....

OH POO!! my jpegs are too high memory than allowed, any ideas how to lower and load, poss with diff format?? or do i need to take pics with lower resolution (which will no dobt be rubbish) hmmmm....

cheers

Architeuthoceras Wrote
Try Irfanview to resize your pics

Cheers mate, will do when I get time, thats crackin!!

Anyways took some more pics on low res, tank looks a bit poo compared to the way it was as I sold half my live rock, gotta put sand in an aquascape for octo once ive finished piping, whhoo exciting!!

Tested last night....
nitrite between 1&2
Nitrate 5
phosphates 5

think i need to get some better test kits, how do i lower my phosphates without a cleanup crew??

anyway more importantly can anyone i.d. my starfish, apparently african.... oh an he's about 10cm across

cheers :biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_287924.jpg
    conv_287924.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
  • conv_287925.jpg
    conv_287925.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 55
only way to lower phosphates effectivly is to either run a phosphate filter or do plenty big water changes... I have a stack of antiphos 1kg boxes by AquaMedic if you go that route?

Looks like a Protoreaster linckii starfish :smile:

cheers

Nice polyps Scouse! (hmm that sounded weird)...get some of that Aquamedic stuff from Colin...it works wonders!
greg

Colin wrote:
Looks like a Protoreaster linckii starfish :smile:

:shock: an that it is mate!!! found it on the web, god knows how you knew that??!!?!? Cheers fella!!

More worryingly was the text for it...bad translation from german to english...but hey you get the jist!!

This lake star is a more rather robber and should be held therefore only in fish basin with larger fishes. It eats so rather everything what comes it into the breadth, equal whether that are now algae, crusts anemone, tubes worm, shell or quite little fishes. One would like to maintain is to be respected this animal, unconditionally on that that all stones are well together verkeilt, so that they cannot solve itself. The lake star is active also at the day.

says they grow to 30cm...hes about 10cm at mo!!! Wont be feeding him that much!! Do you really think he'll have little fishes???

Oh phosphates were read totally wrong, t4estkit was rubbish...they are....0.03 so not to bad, nitites will be gone today or tomorrow completly i think they were tinkering zero last night

Is that aquamedic stuff possible to fluidise Colin??

:lol: nice one greg!!

and so progression is made....

sump running with cheatomorpha algae in fuge, skimmer, no carbon or phosphate remover as yet, weir in place (after disater with snails gettin stuck in pipes and dyin!!) oh an a closed loop as my weir isnt big enough for the volume of water im pumpin into tank to get down into sump (if that makes sense?)

heres some pic's....

Ernie the white crab with purple spots (any I.D?) gets fed on white bait an tiger prawn a real charachter unfort his mate bert keelled over after a couple of days...gutted

tank inmates...

south african starfish
serpent star
large sand sifter (require more)
ernie the crab
about 50 turbo snails
2 super turbo snails (require more)
about 10 hermits (require more)
2-3 mythrax crabs
sally light foot crab
4 chromis
1 large cowrie
1 blood shrimp
2 peppermint shrimps (hopefully to eat aptasia!)

the copperband went back to shop he wasnt eating very well

enjoy....im gettin there still octo proofing and building hood.....about 2 years in counting....!!!!

TMC can sort me a bimac am worried incase i get a bimaculaetus..how do you tell difference?? am considering ordering within next two weeks for delivery within next few months or whether to sort licences and shipping myself...hmmmmm ponder ponder....

eh anyone see anything bad please feel free to point out... tryin to get it perfect!!!

Attachments

• conv_288199.jpg
    conv_288199.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 66
  • conv_288200.jpg
    conv_288200.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 61
  • conv_288204.jpg
    conv_288204.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 65
...and a big shot!!

btw some monkey has eaten all my pulsating xenia!!! :shock: gutted i liked that and had some great big bunches!!!

think it was starsky as he sat opn it for ages...must of been munching away...oh well!!! :biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_288205.jpg
    conv_288205.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 61

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back