The plastinated Giant Squid returns

Well now that the boring part is over, can you update the forum on rumours that part II of von Hagen's project involves the plastination of one teuthologist who will be mounted forever perched on top of said squid, holding aloft a laminated copy of Neil Diamond news clipping to give the exhibit some sort of context and interest?:bugout:

I just took a couple of quick snaps; so many other photos are out there .... so many people!

The squid is almost too long for the room (boardroom); more to follow, but not today
Cheers

Attachments

• conv_296092.jpg
    conv_296092.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 122
  • conv_296093.jpg
    conv_296093.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 140
  • conv_296094.jpg
    conv_296094.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 166
  • conv_296095.jpg
    conv_296095.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 139
I was wondering how it feels too :wink: Laughed aloud at the bookend comment though.

Maybe only half of it goes in the boardroom and the other half gets added to your office collection :shock:

Are the organs preserved?

The organs didn't work too well - what we have are stomach, caecum and parts of the oesophagus; and the testis sac. The digestive gland and most of the alimentary canal from the stomach to the buccal bulb are missing. So, from an anatomical perspective, not the best - but I do recall the digestive gland of one of them having ruptured during transit to the University being a beach-cast specimen I don't recall which one), so the poor anatomical condition is likely a consequence of its slightly 'decomposed' nature upon receipt. You cannot order a giant squid to specification - it is very much an opportunistic exercise, unless of course (:wink:) you are :drk:

I am still a very happy person! Probably one of the happiest out there! I drank a few bottles of red next to my new friends tonight :smile: (with company of course)

mucktopus;152700 said:
Those are some fantastic book ends!

LOL. 5 metres long they are!! I should have had a person in there for scale; I will do so soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back