The Official "Hey I'm at TONMOCON V" Thread

Greg -- as I told you and a few other folks, your presentations get exponentially better with every TONMOCON, and the first one was awesome. Really glad we have you as part of our community.

Thank you so, so much to all the organizers and presenters! Despite being a useless lurker here on the forum, despite skipping out on the evening and Sunday events, I had a simply wonderful time at TONMOCON. The joyous community, the incredible photos and video, it all reminded me of why I fell in love with cephalopods twenty years ago. After grinding through grad school and then putting science on the back burner in order to raise a baby, that was a very welcome reminder. Already looking forward to the next conference, when I hope to participate a little more!

Hi Danna! I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to meet... did we?? If we did, it was clearly too short. D explained to me that you were there after the fact... sorry it didn't click -- but thrilled you came - thanks! I agree, can't wait for the next one.

Danna,
So sorry to have not been able to go to the lit crawl as planned. The timing for the final meet and greet changed after I asked for the directions and there was no way to go to both. So glad I got to meet you and Ursula (I only got to wave at Anton) and hope the next go 'round allows for some personal story telling time.

Tony, I think we met VERY briefly, and I'm sorry for the briefness--I'd have loved to chat properly, it was just a kind of crazy day. Next time for sure! Ursula wasn't explicitly named after the cephalopod sea-witch, but I'm delighted for the connection. :wink:

D, no worries about the lit crawl! I'm sure it wasn't nearly as cephy as the meet'n'greet.

(Please let us ignore the passing of months between my posts on this thread. Time is all so illusory, right?)

I have a long ago made up theory (hypothisis?) on time passage and why it REALLY does get shorter as you age. In human terms, what is time? IMO, it is the length of your existing memory so as you age each year is a smaller and smaller percentage. Of course this idea came to me before having children so any additional aging they cause has not been incorporated into the thought :wink:

Today when I mentioned thinking that I "caught the mercs having sex," Julie asked me, "How can you tell?" Clearly, she blocked her memory of Tonmo.con, and all of Roy's coitus photos! When I pointed that out to her, she was embarrassed that she could ever forget!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back