The official 'dodgy fossil for sale' thread

Attachments

• conv_289200.jpg
    conv_289200.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 95
Must call the AMNH!!!! This is amazing!!!!!!!!

This does crack me up, however...

"I am an honest fossil collector ,collecting fossils from the local countrysides of GanSu,LiaoNing,HeNan,GuiZhou within China.I love all kinds of fossils,but I am not an expert,may unable to answer some professional questions.Thanks for understanding. Please note that your email always is appreciated,a satisfied experience is the most important thing for both of us!

FAIRLY TRANSACTION, NO CHEAT PLEASE BID NOW!!!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Skeleton-Rept...632520069QQcategoryZ15915QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Who says you need a pelvis in the Triassic? That's like soooooo Permian :smile:

It gets better still

Good lord, whatever next, a basilisk in an egg, a freeze dried Mongolian Death Worm or a Fijian mermaid?. I believe I've seen the same Chinese dealer before on a couple of internet sites and he's been deleted from at least two for allegedly selling rubbish. He never answers queries on how he has obtained permits to export from China when questioned. Funny that.

(Of course this may be a different dealer selling very similar items, not to cast untoward aspersions, if you catch my drift).

Wow!!!! That is way cool, must start saving up!!!!

In the mean while, let's add dodgy commentaries to the equation....

No intention of rekindling any recently closed off threads there, gentlepeople :heee:

Sorry for the double post, but it sucks donk..., sorry, it is rather unsatisfying, to be stuck down here in gelatopia: How did this fossil come to be, I wonder?

:roll: I was wondering that myself, since it seems to have migrated from its original destination...from the website.
This skeleton is one of the mosasaurs called Plioplatecarpus that inhabited the Pierre Sea about 75 million years ago. It was discovered in 1995 by Mike Hanson and Dennis Halvorson on Orville and Beverly Tranby's farm in the Sheyenne River Valley near Cooperstown, in Griggs County, ND.
This particular Cretaceous Moroccan Mosasaur marine fossil's teeth and triple Jaw bones are imbedded in a light brown matrix of phosphoric limestone from the Sahara Desert in the Oulad Abdoun Basin near the Khouribga phosphate plateau region of Morocco, North Africa.

Cephkid said:
I've got a question: could an Ammonite and Orthoceras fossil we within 2 inches of each other?

The answer could be yes, provided a lot of erosion or lack of sedimentation took place in the intervening time between both fossilisations, or they're placed next to each other in a collection :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back