the Nesis book... just wondering

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I wanted to ask about its availability. Computer programs (and games etc), when they become OOP, can be legally downloaded as shareware. I just wondered if there were any similar laws with books? Since Kir Nesis' book Cephalopods of the World has been out of print for years now, does anyone know of any e-book sites where you can download it? Of course I'm only referring to legal electronic copies, where then maybe I can have it printed and bound by the IT staff here at uni, or whatever (althought expensive, it would still be considerably less than buying a hard copy, for the most part!).
I have found a copy of the 1987 edition on ebay, for just over a tenner, but that's likely to skyrocket if I even consider placing a bid.

I used to have the link to this site that was a huge database for second-hand bookshops (I think in the UK as well as US etc), it's where I managed to track down my Dinosaur Heresies book... I can't remember the address, just wondered if anyone knew? All I remembered was it looked a bit liek Amazon, but red... if that... helps :confused:

Graeme

I couldn't find a digital version on Google Print, so you might be better off with the eBay copy. Don't bother bidding now, the best way to play eBay auctions is waiting until the end, that is, seconds before the auction closes (don't get me started about how their "proxy bidding" drives prices up artificially).

Other sources of used books. Amazon.com will typically link to a series of used vendors. My two favorites are bookfinder and abebooks.

Dan

I think that was the place! that Abebooks! Thanks, DHyslop!! I'm always a bit dubious about ebay, but I might make an exception today.

Graeme

DHyslop said:
I couldn't find a digital version on Google Print, so you might be better off with the eBay copy. Don't bother bidding now, the best way to play eBay auctions is waiting until the end, that is, seconds before the auction closes (don't get me started about how their "proxy bidding" drives prices up artificially).

Other sources of used books. Amazon.com will typically link to a series of used vendors. My two favorites are bookfinder and abebooks.

Dan

Cool! Those may come in handy in my continuing quest to complete my Charles Addams cartoon library!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back