The Monterey Squid Festival

Sorry to post this ex post facto, but this week was the annual Monterey Squid Festival. Its pretty fun, once you get over the idea that every food item has squid as an ingredient. Yes, there are people dressed like squid running around, so if you go next year, make sure they keep their hectocotyls to themselves...

Sushi and Sake,

John

Tony,

Actually, yes. I've been three times. Monterey is one of my favorite cities to visit, and I go whenever I can. There's probably the world's greatest jazz festival every year (last year's headliner was Dave Brubeck), the Steinbeck Festival (dedicated to writing), and of course, the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

But, back to Squiddapalooza... Its fun, but if you're not a squid eater then you can go to the really cool informational booths about squid and their kin. And you can snack on genuine California delta crawfish. Definitely worth a look.

Sushi and Sake,

John

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back