"The Living Sea" documentary on Discovery

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Saw this today, they had a minute or so of great footage of a large cuttlefish (Sepia sp.) -- on HD!! A little color/pattern change, classic "raised fingers" pose... good stuff.

Really nice program. Music by Sting, narrated by Meryl Streep. Anyone have HDTV and see this program?

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
My husband wrote the music with Steve Wood (they incorporated Sting's music into the score). I was a science advisor on this film - I convinced the director, Greg MacGillivray to include cuttlefish (I think he got tired of me talking about how cool they were...). I think that cuttlefish sequence was filmed in Palau.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
It was indeed filmed in Palau!

I noticed those names you mention in the credits. I'm surprised I didn't know this about you! Has this been posted before? (I miss a lot of activity on this site...)

Tell your husband "nice work", my wife and I really enjoyed it.

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
tonmo;78695 said:
It was indeed filmed in Palau!

I noticed those names you mention in the credits. I'm surprised I didn't know this about you!
It was in one of my former lives :grin:

tonmo;78695 said:
Has this been posted before? (I miss a lot of activity on this site...)
I'm not sure, maybe in one of my 1000 posts... you mean you don't read every post????

tonmo;78695 said:
Tell your husband "nice work", my wife and I really enjoyed it.
I'll let him know :smile: He has worked on quite a few IMAX films including "Everest" and one about New Orleans that just premiered last week.

Members online