The Great Ghost Shrimp

William Tyson

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
just an obseveration, i bought some freshwater ghost shrimp for my cuttle. well on got out in my main tank. this was about a week ago. i just saw it today in my rocks. i guess this is a stupid question to ask, but do ghost shrimp go between freesh and salt. or is this just some super ghost shrimp

William Tyson

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i bought them from petsmart after i ran out of norm food. its still alive in my tank, i see it at night. i did some research, and the vulgairs shrimp can go all the way from fresh to salt. so maby that is what is what it is.

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
ghoast and grass shrimp do look kind a similer. though the grass ones do have more of a slight grayish hue to them. though it is possible that petsmart had misslabled them. it wouldnt be the first time a petstore had misslabled something. if its a grass shrimp and your octo dosent get em than he will probably set up perminent residence in your tank.

William Tyson

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
yea it does have a very grayish tent along with black lines all over it. it didnt turn this coloration until it was in my tank for a good two or three days. i went and bought more last night, and but them in a net breeder in my other saltwater tank, and two died but the other ten seem to be doing fine.

Members online

No members online now.