the great escape

well kashmir has figured out he can live out of water for a while...
came in after getting his food out the freezer to find him doing this...

Attachments

• conv_302401.jpg
    conv_302401.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 140
  • conv_302402.jpg
    conv_302402.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 110
  • conv_302403.jpg
    conv_302403.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 121
and then got these shots after i body slammed him back into the tank... just kidding he retrieved his favorite fishing lure off the top of the tank and returned to his den... i think he could see it through the glass top and realized he could get to it with the top open.

Attachments

• conv_288568.jpg
    conv_288568.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 128
  • conv_288569.jpg
    conv_288569.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 145
You should probably put the tv remote closer to the tank, so he doesn't have to wander so far to put on the WWWF...

Ha haa brilliant!!!

Your octo proofing looks quite good there, how do you keep the lid on the tank down? oh and whats it hinged with, are they plastic hinges??

An before I forget whats his fav fishing lure?

for now the lids are heavy enough that he cant lift them himself but later im gonna get the little clips for reptile lids and yeah thats just a plastic hinge

his favorite fishing lure is a baby bass colored zoom soft plastic jerk bait
ive noticed he likes the whites and the silvers better than the bright greens and pinks etc.

Joefish, you think of such good octo toys - please tell us more about the fishing lures! Do they have hooks that you remove, or is there a kind with no hooks?

Nancy

joefish84 wrote:-
for now the lids are heavy enough that he cant lift them himself but later im gonna get the little clips for reptile lids and yeah thats just a plastic hinge

Cool nice one!!! will have to investigate those reptile clips and hinges, I feel a further design brewing in my little head!!!

joefish84 wrote:-
his favorite fishing lure is a baby bass colored zoom soft plastic jerk bait
ive noticed he likes the whites and the silvers better than the bright greens and pinks etc.

They sound like a cool idea for play time!!

Hey on those pics how big would you say he is in mantle size and arm span, its difficult to get an idea?

cheers

nancy

the fishing lures are just soft plastic baits that you buy at walmart and they dont have any hooks or anything A good brand that doesnt have any flavoring added or other chemicals is ZOOM although ive found that my octo likes the salt impregnated ones better than the plain ones. they come in many colors and range from minnow form to crawdad and lizard. the good thing about them is that they only cost like $3 for a pack of 12 or so that way when your octo tears them to peices and takes bites out of them later you can just pull out the parts and put a new one in... mine loves them... we kindof play a game of tag with it cause i put it on the end of the feeding stick and hell go hide and when it comes by he ambushes it then lets go and goes and hides somewhere else to do it again. ill try to get some pictures of the lures and the bags etc

scouse

his mantle is about 3 inches and his legs can be stretched to about 8 so id say his armspan is about 16" cause he cant quite reach from the back glass to the front of his 75 gallon aquarium

heres the bag and a few different lures i think that the bottom one is actually made by a company called STORM lures the white one in baby bass colors is mines favorite though

Attachments

• conv_288570.jpg
    conv_288570.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 108
if you look on the last thread i posted CAN YOU FIND THE OCTOPUS? the picture where hes at the surface has lots of little peices of one of the bottom lures from where he would take bites out of it

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back