The Future is Wild

krin

GPO
Registered
The Foxtel cable program book finally turned up this morning and inside is a lot of PR for this program. There is an insert card with a picture of Cryptile - a liazard with a built -in fishing net around its head), a one page interview with John Adams and a bar at the bottom of the program page.

The review in the local crappy newspaper guide said it can't be much good as the reviewer couldn't imagine a land-moving squid. Shows what imagination reviewers have...

KRin

Re: The Future is Wild

krin said:
The review in the local crappy newspaper guide said it can't be much good as the reviewer couldn't imagine a land-moving squid. Shows what imagination reviewers have...

KRin,

Yes, well, who ever heard of aquatic animals moving onto land and evolving?

:roll:

Clem

Yo Krin,

Not that I'm defending TV reviewers or anything (considering the quality of US TV, I can't), but you should consider the idea that the majority of people don't have the biology background to really consider the possibilities. Heck, I tutored several majors classes and met people who refused to TRY to understand biology. Hell, it was their money...

*sigh*

Anyway, hope life down under is cool. Have a great night!

Sushi and Sake,

John

Yeah, people can be silly...I gave a talk on falconry not long ago, and the group of high school kids didn't believe me that ducks could fly...they insisted that they just swam. Yikes.
I, however do NOT like critics. Of course, having my own artwork constantly taken apart in the newspapers doesn't help either! :lol:
Greg

Oh wow!

Saw the first double episode of "The Future is Wild" last night. Okay, so the animation was a bit dodgy with lots of repeat scenes, but wow, the content! I thought the tree-swinging monkey like squids were just so cool! I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can .

The main reviewer in the newspaper is a very odd guy, he doesn't seem to like anything that shows on cable!

KRin

Re: Oh wow!

WhiteKiboko said:
krin said:
I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can .

illegal?

Would be if I charged money for people to see the program. Copyright is an funny thing.

KRin

Re: Oh wow!

Clem said:
krin said:
I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can.

Taped?
Until I can get a DVD read-write machine for about A$100 and the DVD to copy to are $2.75 (which is what video tapes cost me here), I'll have to just keep video-taping programs.

KRin

KRin,

I was seconding WK's false naivete. Tape away. And, if you're taping at Rupert Murdoch's expense? All the better.

:wink:

Clem

Yeah, we had to swing by the store on the way home from dinner last night to pick up vhs tapes...looks like an interesting night! :o
Greg

Ah....... I have just recently seen an episode of The Future is Wild and I am in two minds, I cant judge the series as I have only seen the one part but so far the future looks really crap.

The part i watched (was on at about 2AM and after a bottle (or two) of house red) was the section on the Amazonian grasslands... IE once the Amazon rainforest dissapears.

There was nothing in this programme other than DEvolution... or stuff that has already happened... carakillers, babookaris and rattlebacks... All have had very similar things happen in the past of present... one advance was the catching fish in a basket theory.... Surely they meant that making this docu was shooting fish in a basket? :smile: Give the people what they want? Make the birds look like dinosaurs again was the answer!

Surely imaginations, cause that's all it is, could have been exercised a bit better here? As it is all just theories why not really go wild on a savanah?

my suggestion is a carnivourous rhino type beast that is decendant from the possum that eats Carakillers... its horn is detachable and is used to spear prey. Growing to 3 meters tall, the Rhiposso has hands with eight fingers and its hair is blue... it lays eggs which are made of wood so that they dont smash when falling from such a height and the babies when hatched are winged and spend the first three years of their lives in the treetops.

I must say, it isn't as great as I thought it would be...I don't like how they keep repeating the same shot over and over, just flipping them so it is supposed to look different. And if I hear anyone say "but, 50 million years in the future" one more time, I am going to scream!
Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back