The Future is Wild

krin

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
The Foxtel cable program book finally turned up this morning and inside is a lot of PR for this program. There is an insert card with a picture of Cryptile - a liazard with a built -in fishing net around its head), a one page interview with John Adams and a bar at the bottom of the program page.

The review in the local crappy newspaper guide said it can't be much good as the reviewer couldn't imagine a land-moving squid. Shows what imagination reviewers have...

KRin

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Re: The Future is Wild

krin said:
The review in the local crappy newspaper guide said it can't be much good as the reviewer couldn't imagine a land-moving squid. Shows what imagination reviewers have...
KRin,

Yes, well, who ever heard of aquatic animals moving onto land and evolving?

:roll:

Clem

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
Yo Krin,

Not that I'm defending TV reviewers or anything (considering the quality of US TV, I can't), but you should consider the idea that the majority of people don't have the biology background to really consider the possibilities. Heck, I tutored several majors classes and met people who refused to TRY to understand biology. Hell, it was their money...

*sigh*

Anyway, hope life down under is cool. Have a great night!

Sushi and Sake,

John

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, people can be silly...I gave a talk on falconry not long ago, and the group of high school kids didn't believe me that ducks could fly...they insisted that they just swam. Yikes.
I, however do NOT like critics. Of course, having my own artwork constantly taken apart in the newspapers doesn't help either! :lol:
Greg

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
of course ducks cant fly....they just walk around peddling insurance... i saw it on tv so it must be true.... :roll:

krin

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow!

Saw the first double episode of "The Future is Wild" last night. Okay, so the animation was a bit dodgy with lots of repeat scenes, but wow, the content! I thought the tree-swinging monkey like squids were just so cool! I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can .

The main reviewer in the newspaper is a very odd guy, he doesn't seem to like anything that shows on cable!

KRin

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Re: Oh wow!

krin said:
I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can.
Taped?

krin

GPO
Registered
Reaction score

WhiteKiboko said:
krin said:
I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can .
illegal?
Would be if I charged money for people to see the program. Copyright is an funny thing.

KRin

krin

GPO
Registered
Reaction score

Clem said:
krin said:
I have taped it (yes, I know that is illegal) and will show it to as many people as I can.
Taped?
Until I can get a DVD read-write machine for about A$100 and the DVD to copy to are $2.75 (which is what video tapes cost me here), I'll have to just keep video-taping programs.

KRin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhardt97

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards