The End is Near for Ossie

So sorry for your loss, but we wanted to say thank you for all the updates and pix -- your blessings with Ossie became our blessings and we hope that you will continue to provide a good home for a future octo. Hang in!

Thanks all for your condolences. It looks like we might be able to fix our place within the next month *fingers crossed* which means that we'll be able to set up the 75 gallon then.

Reading that aculeatus has been available in the bay area has evoked feelings of we gotta get this done now. So hopefully within 4 months we'll be on the lookout for a new octopus. Until then, I'll have to live vicariously through all you folk who are scoring some.

Akyu said:
Thanks all for your condolences. It looks like we might be able to fix our place within the next month *fingers crossed* which means that we'll be able to set up the 75 gallon then.

I'm very impressed with the amount of knowledge you two have acquired over the last few months. With the 75 in the near future have you given any thought to modifications you might make for octo-proofing?

Dan

im so sry to hear what has happened.... i cant imagine what it will be like when cujo leaves..... i dont even want to think about it.... :angelpus:

Sorry about your loss...

My biggest loss was when an old octo named Mr. Stripe passed away. He was definetly the most attached I got with an octo..

Damien, my old officinalis (Big Cuttle) was very difficult to go through as well..

I've often thought that our sadness when our octos pass away is significant - it shows how different keeping them is from keeping a reef aquarium or fresh water tank.

How we bury them or put them in the sea is signifcant, too. Can you imagine someone planting a memorial tree over a Tang fish? Or carrying their damsel back to the ocean where it's sadly returned to the sea?

Nancy

Dan, we bought a lid for the 75 and tested it out. Nice snug fit so all we have to do is tape down the top and cut out holes for the skimmer and filter and any other holes we might need. We hope to keep with the smaller octos since we had such a great experience with Ossie.

thanks, Paradox & 91lxstang

Nancy, I was astounded at the depth of emotion I felt at Ossie's death. I've felt that for furry pets before, but never for any non-mammals. I can't wait to experience our next octopus.

S

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back