cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Book Title: The Cthulhu Cycle
Book Number: ISBN 0568820453
Price: About $20.00 USD
Availability: large soft cover
Notes: Perhaps the best “all around” Cthulhu book compilation

Summary: In his house at R’lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. This sentence sums up the bulk of the mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft, dealing with elder demons and gods that came to the earth from somewhere else.
This book has 13 stories that sort of encompass the general feeling that Lovecraft wanted to impart, that of a sort of cosmological horror beyond the understanding of mortal men and women. Hey, Cthulhu isn’t sexist.

Critique: If you are new to the universe that was created by Mr. Lovecraft, this may be a good book for you, as it kind of covers the bases from the beginning to the newer. You will recognize a number of authors, from Dunsany to Foster to Murray (those of you who remember the Destroyer series). Lamentably, the recent King stories aren’t in this one, nor the Bloch pastiches.
It’s worth picking up, I have two in the collection, and heavily recommended for you who are into the cthonic universe.

References: Just me, I’ve read one into tatters, and have one on standby.
You can buy your own from a number of online dealers, just google the title.

Thanks Greg, great idea to encourage book reviews.

Note that I've edited the template above with a link to Amazon for the book you've reviewed -- this link goes through the TONMO.com affiliate channel, and any sales benefit the site. I'll make such edits to any book reviews posted -- thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back