Webmaster
Reaction score
Ha! That's frighteningly well done.

Emperor

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
The paper:

Sidney K. Pierce, Steven E. Massey, Nicholas E. Curtis, Gerald N. Smith, Jr., Carlos Olavarría and Timothy K. Maugel (2004) Microscopic, Biochemical, and Molecular Characteristics of the Chilean Blob and a Comparison With the Remains of Other Sea Monsters: Nothing but Whales. The Biological Bulletin. 206. 125-133.

http://www.biolbull.org/cgi/content/abstract/206/3/125

Emps[/b]

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
In a article that said that the only squid you can see is a cuttlefish in a tank..that is so wrong! First of all, cuttles are not squids and the person who said it must do more research as I've seen squid in aquariums you know and they were about the size Dr.SOS has on squidcam...

darquerift

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Did some research and found some articles...all saying the same thing so far. I'm rooting for a monster Octo myself, but am figuring it's probably just whale blubber.

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
maybe it a giant octo bigger than Haliphron atlanticus? I know it sounds like I'm crazy, but who knows? Only hoping that there would be one that big.

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Reaction score
chrono_war01 said:
maybe it a giant octo bigger than Haliphron atlanticus? I know it sounds like I'm crazy, but who knows? Only hoping that there would be one that big.
Eric, we're all with you hoping for the discovery of an octo bigger than H. atlanticus! This board was really busy when the
Mesonychoteuthis specimen was hauled in. An octo that could be measured in unofficial London bus units would keep us online for days. :shock:

Melissa

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
It's definately either Rush Limbaugh or Patrick Moore, but there's only one way to find out, we have to find out if the thing can play the xylophone!

spartacus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Reaction score
hey, you leave young Patrick out of this, he's one of my gods ! :mad:

Keef

H. lunulata

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Reaction score
i think it is some kind of jellyfish well at least that is wut i was told but i beelieve it is sperm whale blubber

Octomush

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
It's a spicy cambodian seafood dish, that is composed of a lobster drizzled with globs of liquified squid, served cold in a wicker basket.

OctopusV

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
spartacus said:
hey, you leave young Patrick out of this, he's one of my gods ! :mad:

Keef
I'm sorry, I'm quite fond of Pat, too. But you cannot honestly say that he can't play the xylophone!

Castor

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
:hmm:
It's either my ex-mother-in-law or whale blubber. I'm inclined to go with the first suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakes47

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak