the awful film:

bigGdelta

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
sounds like i might take a pass on this one. I don't think any movie has done justice to HPL. Well at the mountains of madness had the right feel but...........

cthulhu77

Titanites
Supporter
Erich? What was the one you brought up...that was passable, if not downright good. (Call of me)
This one, I have seen most of it already on various sites...it is farcical and completely unlike HPL in any way, shape, or formlessness!

Like, totally gag a cephalopod!

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Are you talking of "The Call of Cthulhu" silent flick from the HPLHS? That was the same crew that brought you the recording of "Shoggoth on the Roof". Yeah, I thought this "Cthulhu" flick with Tori Spelling has looked just horrible from the get-go, but at least Ms. Spelling definitely has the "Innsmouth Look" already. That would also be a great tag-line for a line of cthonic comsetics - obviously eye-makeup.

WhiteKiboko

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
Fujisawas Sake;85434 said:
Tori Spelling in a Cthulhu film? Oh the stars are SO not right with that... :banghead:
correction: the stars will NEVER be right for that...

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Registered
But to the ancients, 1 minute is as a lifetime! This is heresy! This isn't Mountains of Madness 90210!

There HAS to be an ally of Cthulhu somewhere off this cold Northern California coast who can right this terrible wrong...

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Well, I know that Spanish director Guillermo del Toro ('Hellboy') has plans to adapt At the Mountains of Madness on a large-scale, but haven't heard any follow-up. I've always fancied a non-Sandra Dee adaptation of The Dunwich Horror myself.

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Bleccccccch

I watched the trailer for this one. Trailer's are supposed to be sort of "best of" the movie, right? To make you want to go see it? If the trailer makes it look bad, just imagine sitting through a whole movie. I won't do it.

If you want to see a good HPL film you can't really go wrong with the stuff that Lurker Films is putting out on DVD. And I'm not just saying that because some music videos for The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets are on the "Rough Magik" collection.

http://lurkerfilms.com/

And yes, the HPL Society's "The Call of Cthulhu" was a real piece of art! http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Gorey would have done a great job. He invited me to come and visit him once, which I never got around to doing.....too bad, I really liked his work and he was a real character.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Not in person. When I had the bookstore I was trying to find other books by him, so I called a number I found. It turned out to be his home number. He was fun to talk to and we must have talked for a couple of hours. He was exactly as you would expect him to be...a bit cranky, but funny cranky, and seemingly surprised that anyone would want to buy his books. The was he describe his house was exactly as you would expect it to be too. He also warned me that when I came I would have to walk around piles of books, move them from the sofa to sit down, etc, etc. He was definitely eccentric, but who would have expected anything else?

Members online