• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

The architeuthis light switch cover

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
That's fantastic. I'd be quite apprehensive turning the light on, being forced to stick my finger in the beak. Does it come with a Captain Nemo finger puppet?

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
That's awesome, Toren, I want one now... obviously it has to be a bathroom switch... damn you pull-switches!

Phil said:
Does it come with a Captain Nemo finger puppet?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Graeme

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
That's really great, Toren. You ought to market them.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Supporter
cthulhu77 said:
They are 10.99, which isn't bad, as metal light switch covers cost about 4-7 bucks as is...so one with a squid on it? Deal !
I don't mean to take sales away from Toren's beautiful work, but while we're on the topic of switchplate covers there is an outfit in Colorado that sells beautiful ones cut from fossiliferous limestone from Pakistan. They cost about $8 and my fiancee and I buy a bunch whenever we're at the Geological Society of America annual meeting where they have a vendor display. I can't find any pictures of the plate covers, but you can see what the rock looks like in this (lousy) photo from their website(the limestone is on the right): mortars and pestles in limestone and marble

Dan

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
cthulhu77 said:
They are 10.99, which isn't bad, as metal light switch covers cost about 4-7 bucks as is...so one with a squid on it? Deal !
Yeah, for CafePress that means I get between 2-3 bucks. I'm open to other merch suggestions!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
This is extremely cool, so much so that I will not remove it for violating our guideline of no solicitations in the public forums... but I must lock it! Please refer to site guidelines at the top of each forum subject listing, or just click here. Thanks for sharing just the same, Toren!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Yes, thanks! For newcomers... this thread was resurrected with the advent of the re-opening of the Marketplace forum.

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Well I actually went ahead and ordered some for myself (finally) and they came in the mail yesterday. I was trepidatious about Cafepress quality but I must say they really turned out nice! I know my opinion isn't exactly neutral but I can assure you that if you like the design that you see in this thread, you'll be happy with the finished product.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
CafePress makes good stuff. My TONMO.com mugs have lasted me years -- big and sturdy. (not an intentional plug!)

Donnerboy

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Ceph lamp pieces...

Captain Squidface;70378 said:
I just ordered mine. Now I need to find a squid lamp shade.
I don't know about lamp shades, but as for finials that screw the shade to the lamp, here are two. Both are from www.artifaqt.com.

I love the switch. I think I'll buy one. May I list it in another thread? I have one titled Ceph Furniture and I would love for people to see one of our cohorts work as well.

Attachments

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Donnerboy;78844 said:
I love the switch. I think I'll buy one. May I list it in another thread? I have one titled Ceph Furniture and I would love for people to see one of our cohorts work as well.
Sure, go for it. I don't allow sellers to post their wares anywhere but in this forum (Marketplace)... but for discussion / admiration of products that the poster is not affiliated with, as long as it's cephy, it's welcome in any appropriate forum.

Members online

No members online now.