[Octopus]: Thank you for posting your journals!

Maggie

Cuttlefish
Registered
I'm a total newbie to salt water tanks not to EVEN mention keeping a sweetie octopus alive. So after extenuating circumstances have resolved themselves in a few months, I'll be able to get my own salt water tank. I figure it'll be at least a year before I feel knowledgeable enough to take on an octopus. In the meantime, I am LOVING seeing the journals here. Please grandstand your sweet lil' ceph friend!!! I love seeing your pics and reading about them so very much! Yours in cephiness, Maggie

Hello Maggie :smile: best of luck on your journey!

I would definitely read as much as you can about saltwater aquarium husbandry. Keeping quality water is essential to keeping any sensitive marine invertibrate alive. Some people in the reef aquarium hobby like to say that keeping saltwater tanks is more about maintaining water than it is maintaining fish or corals. Cephalopods are a bit more nuanced than marine ornamental fish and corals, but water quality is still paramount.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Also if you need a crash course on aquarium-keeping, the 52 Weeks of Reefing series by Bulk Reef Supply is not a bad place to start. Keep in mind that the series is more geared toward reef aquarium hobbyists, and there are several key differences between what reefs and cephalopods need. But a lot of the principles remain the same.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back