TFH Magazine Ceph Issue

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Look forward to the June issue of Tropical Fish Hobbyist (TFH), which should reach the sellers by around April 22. Not only does this issue feature cephalopods (a first), but it’s also heavy on TONMO.com member participation. It’s an issue I’d think most of us would want to have.

The following members have articles in the magazine: Colin (Cuttlefish Husbandry), cuttlegirl (Raising Sepia bandensis: From Hatchling to Breeding Adult), corw314 (Octopuses I Have Known), zyan silver (An Octopus Success), marinebio_guy and Greg Barord (Aquarium Science: Husbandry of the Nautilus: Aspects of its Biology, Behavior, and Care) ) and myself (So You Want to Keep an Octopus). Even more of our members are represented in the photos. I wish I could tell you exactly whose photos will appear but we submitted more photos than required and TFH made their own selection – we won’t know until we see the issue. We do know that one of joefish84’s octopus photos is featured on the cover.

You can buy this issue at most Barnes and Noble, Petsmart stores, and LFSs. TFH has also made a special arrangement for us to purchase issues from them. Call TFH at 732-897-6824 and ask for Elaine. Let her know you are a TONMO.com member and TFH will sell you the June issue for the cover price plus shipping. You’ll need to prepay the order, as this is not something they normally do. All article authors will receive several copies, but I haven’t been able to find out about photographers yet.

How did this all happen? We owe it all to Carol (corw314), who began working at TFH and got to know people associated with the magazine. It was a big effort to coordinate submissions by so many people, both articles and photos, but the results promise to be worth it. We anticipate some mention of TONMO.com and Tonmocom in the issue, so we may get some new members out of this effort, too.

Nancy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I sent them an email last month that they should do that....whoa, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

They cut out my article about how no one should keep animals in captivity? LOL...:lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back