Tentarcticles (Mesonychoteuthis / Colossal Squid)

The long job of cleaning it began today, + the cutting off of suplus rubber bits that stuck to the mould. Morrow painting commences, but morrow is a rather hectic day with 3 or 4 other things on .... hope I can squeeze this in.

They were painting today, whilst total nonsense was uttered from our lips ... as we struggle to make the Colossal the victor in its battle with the sperm whale.

The latest pics I have were taken last night, but I'll trundle on down this evening and get a few more/progress shots.

download.php

download.php

download.php

Breaking images from last night's film shoot... the colossal has hit the water!! I'm sure Steve got some better ones and will post them soon, but here are a couple for now (hopefully he's home sleeping - no idea what time they finished, but I'm sure it was some unpardonable hour this morning).

:goofysca:

download.php

download.php

download.php

great pics! :thumbsup: as for the divers pic, i just hope they cut the blue wire with the white stripe, not the black wire with the yellow stripe....

... twaz about 3am when I crawled into bed :biggrin2: , but it was all worth while.

So many pics .... what to do. Just a selection online. A moving sequence says a thousand words; a stills just doesn't do this thing justice. Nevertheless, here goes (several posts worth):

download.php

download.php

download.php

... a few others.

The series titled 'Face Off' has actually turned into a Face Off between various scientists. Here we have the 'one and only tiger-man Dave' (who's sole purpose is to wind everyone else up .... and have a good time) and Dr Scott Baker, the whale expert .... Scott has facts on his side, but you'll be rather surprised to hear some of the tricks that Meso can get up to to win a battle against the sperm whale. Laser death rays are just one of them! (I'll do anything to win this battle; take no prisoners).

download.php

download.php

download.php

you could always throw the opposition off the verrrrrry high dive.... either that or try to get the squid on the NZ olympic diving team by throwing the squid of the high dive....

.... filming wrapped today (for 99.9999% of it), but we've got one small thing to do tomorrow.

I'm afraid you'll just have to watch the show to see what happens, who won, and what complete and utter nonsense went on.

A fantastic time was had, and much was learnt.

Let's go looking for the real thing :mesonych: now!

Should be out about mid-June 2004. I must say I'm looking forward to seeing this yarn too ... so much has been done that there'll be a lot of fun and frustration in the editing suite.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back