• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

temp question

delosa

O. vulgaris
Registered
I currently have Sabastian's tank at room temp. His water is about 73 degrees. Is this right for an indo-pacific octopus? I don't know what kind he is for sure. Someone mentioned possibly an Aculeatus.

I put several snails and hermit crabs in his tank. Tonight I ordered Fiddler Crabs for him. I though I would wait a couple of weeks before trying frozen food.

Attachments

• conv_303004.jpg
    conv_303004.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 51
If he isn't eating well, go ahead and try frozen, especially shrimp, while you're waiting for the crabs to arrive. Make sure they are thawed and room temperature.

Most of our aculeatus keepers aim for 78 degrees, but your octopus seems to be doing OK at room temperature. Let's ask our experts.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back