Teaching an octopus new tricks....

Here is a video since I have not figured out how to upload pictures yet. If anyone can tell me how to upload pictures I will post them.
I greatly appreciate all the feedback.

Uploading Pictures
For a more wordy description see:
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/showthread.php?19387-Getting-To-Know-Me&p=149343#post149343
From the Quick Reply entry box
Scroll down and click on the Go Advanced button
Scroll down a little and click the Manage Attachments button
.....This will open an additional window/tab
Click one of the Browse button buttons
.....This will open a pop-up window showing a directory on your computer
.....Locate your picture directory and select your photo(s)
.....Depending upon your browser, you can select one or more pictures at a time
Click the Open button after you have selected your pictures
.....The actual button word may be different between browsers)
.....The full directory path for your selected file will show in the text box next to the browse button clicked.
.....Up to 4 photos may be added to a post using the 4 different browse buttons.
Click the Upload Files button when all your photos are selected.
.....The list of uploaded pictures will be visible under Current Attachements
.....To discard one of the files, click the Remove button acoss from the undesired picture.
Click the Close this Window located at the top right of the window.
.....You will be returned to your posting for further editing (if desired) and your photos will be attached.
Click the Submit Reply button as you normally would to finish posting

Here are some pictures I was able to transfer.

Please let me know if these pics are good enough to tell octo's specie...
If not I will take more.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• conv_296800.jpg
    conv_296800.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 228
  • conv_296801.jpg
    conv_296801.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 211
I agree with CaptFish on the species (no call on gender, my first 5 guesses are usually wrong). If you would like to see other photos and experiences with hummelincki/filosus, look at the top of this Journals and Photos forum for stuck threads labled "List of Our Octopuses" followed by a year. The lists show the species, animal name and from 2008 forward have links to the journals.

Would you mind if I moved this thread to the Journals and Photo's forum? It can remain here but it helps to collect the adventures of individual animals in one forum and reserve this one for care questions and observations.

I do not mind if you move this thread. I was looking up info About hummelincki and I found out that it's the same as the caribbean two spot octopus. Am I right about this?

Welcome to Tonmo!

This thread is interesting, I don't really consider anything Diablo does a trick. Diablo is very active and chooses to preform a variety of activities. I will join in and play along. There are a few behaviors I can initate, most of the time Diablo will react to this. I move the magfloat and he immediately rushes to it and removes it from the galss. I move to the overflo and Diablo will put his arms through the slits, trying to touch me. When I put anything into his tank, he loves things that float, he needs to grab ahold of it and give it a good feel. I actually leave several floaty toys in the tank and Diablo goes from one to the next floating on them, pulling them down sometimes several at the same time. A new thing he is doing is squeezing them, they fill with water and sink. Diablo can open a jar, that could be considered a trick, it needed to be learned. The water cannon is both amazing and aggrivating. I used to think it showed aggrivation on Diablo's part, the way they will try to blow your hand away if they don't want attention. I think it is just a natural behavior, it only happens when he is at the surface either hanging on to me or trying to exit the tank. He is in a curious state, He couldn't possibly know that the world outside his tank is dry. If he were scared or angry would he continue on the same course or move away from the situation?

Does your octopus have a name?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back